- 20th September, 2017
- 19th September, 2017
- Chandigarh shame: Younger brother of accused uncle also arrested for raping 10 - yr - old - Hindustan Times
Two months after the rape and pregnancy of a 10-year-old girl came to light in Chandigarh and nine days after the DNA test indicated that the accused 45-year-old maternal uncle did not father her child, the police on Tuesday arrested.his younger brother.
- Chandigarh man visiting son in Australia killed in road mishap - The Tribune
A 66-year-old Chandigarh -based man, who was visiting his son in Australia, was killed in a road accident in Perth on Tuesday. Gurjit Singh was travelling with is elder brother Daljit Singh, 69, and nephew Guneet Singh, 22, when the vehicle, Toyota ...
- KBC Season 9 Episode 16: Professional Chess Player from Chandigarh Quits at the Right Time - News18
Soon after, fastest finger first was played and Shweta Rathore from Chandigarh , who is also a professional chess player, got the opportunity of sitting on the hot seat opposite Big B. Contributor Content. Updated:September 19, 2017, 10:28 AM IST ...
- Great Mughals' king of birds has a chair at Panjab University - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : This feathered missile flew straight out of a miniature painting of the Mughal period! Of the estimated 415 species of birds recorded in the City Beautiful and a 50-km radius around it, none combines distinguished looks, power and speed as ...
- Chandigarh heritage sold again in US: Five furniture items at Rs 13.6 lakh - Hindustan Times
Heritage furniture from Chandigarh went under the hammer at an auction held at Oak Park, Illinois, USA on September 16. The auction was conducted by Treadway Tommey Auctions. Out of the six heritage items designed by Swiss architect Pierre Jeanneret, ...
- SIT to probe into Haryana's judiciary exam paper leak - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : The Punjab and Haryana high court on Monday constituted a special investigation team (SIT) comprising an IPS officer, a deputy superintendent of police (DSP) rank official and a woman inspector of Chandigarh police to probe the leakage of ...
- Denied entry to Chandigarh, farmers continue sit - in at Chandigarh - Mohali border - The Hindu
Annoyed over alleged indifferent attitude of the ruling Congress government towards their plight, farmers continued to stage overnight sit-in on the intervening night of September 18 and September 19 at the Mohali -Chandigarh border. Several farmers ...
- Army lodges complaint against restaurant located close to Indo - Pak border - The Indian Express
Speaking to The Indian Express, SSP Amritsar (Rural), Parampal Singh, confirmed that the police had received a complaint against the restaurant from the Army. Sarhad, the restaurant, withdrew the release after the complaint was lodged. 1. Shares. Share.
- Protesting farmers prevented from entering Chandigarh - The Tribune
The Punjab police on Monday stopped farmers protesting against the non-payment of dues amounting to Rs 100 crore by the state government from entering Chandigarh as they planned to 'gherao' Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh's residence.
- Rs 1.3L fake notes seized, 2 booked - Times of India
The accused have been identified as Jagtar Singh, a resident of Panchkula's Sector 14 and Kamar Bikram, a resident of Sector 29, Chandigarh . The accused have been booked under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code. Acting on a tip-off about ...