- ?Don?t damage public property? - Times of India
Punjab BJP has appealed to the youth and organisations opposing Agnipath, the new armed forces recruitment scheme announced by the central government
- IMA bats for state medical council?s autonomy - Times of India
The Punjab chapter of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) has raised its voice for keeping the autonomy of state medical councils intact, while expr
- MC officials reshuffled, more transfers likely - Times of India
In a significant reshuffle, municipal commissioner Anandita Mitra has transferred three dozen superintendents and senior assistants working in the va
- CM writes to Shah to oppose change in character of PU - Times of India
Punjab chief minister Bhagwant Mann has written to Union home minister Amit Shah and Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan to prevent change in
- 75 venues across Chandigarh for International Day of Yoga - The Indian Express
Around 2,000 people from various associations like Bhartiya Yog, Sansthan, participants from Patanjali, Brahma Kumari’s, AYUSH, CRPF, and many other renowned bodies will come to celebrate the day at Chandigarh's Rock Garden.
- Girl jumps off moving auto to chase snatchers - The Tribune India
A girl suffered serious injuries after she jumped off a moving auto to chase snatchers who allegedly targeted her near Basti Jodhewal chowk here today.
- Ensure canal water throughout year: Farm union - The Tribune India
Members of the Kirti Kisan Union (KKU) said a massive protest would be organised on June 30 at Chandigarh against the growing water crisis in the state. They demanded that toxic substances being dumped in canals by some industries should be stopped and said the Dam Safety Act must be repealed.
- Mohali: Top officials under scanner for 'shielding' DFO in felling of trees in Mirzapur forest - The Tribune India
A Vigilance Bureau (VB) probe against former Forest Ministers Sadhu Singh Dharamsot and Sangat Singh Gilzian in alleged case of corruption in transfers and illegal felling of khair trees has brought under scanner the role of top government functionaries. They allegedly “shielded” DFO Gur
- Four rob elderly couple of Rs 90,000, jewellery - The Tribune India
An elderly couple was allegedly robbed of cash and jewellery worth several lakhs when four robbers, armed with sticks, barged into a house in the Trivedi Camp area at Mubarikpur in Dera Bassi on the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday. SI Balwinder Singh, along with a police team, visited the s
- AAP activists block road, burn Centre?s effigy - The Tribune India
AAP workers, led by local MLA Lakhvir Rai, organised a protest against the Agnipath scheme and disrupted the traffic on the Sirhind-Chandigarh road. They also raised slogans against the Centre.
- One more held for assault on scribe in Zirakpur - The Tribune India
The local police today arrested the second suspect in the case of robbery and assault on a scribe of a vernacular daily on May 4. The suspect has been identified as Ravi Rajput, a resident of Kathgarh village that falls under the Dhakoli police station.
- In maiden Budget, AAP government to focus on education, health & agriculture - The Tribune India
Education, health and agriculture will get special focus in this year’s Budget to be presented by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the session that begins on Friday.
- 68.2% polling in 31 wards of Kalka - The Tribune India
Polling in 31 wards of the Kalka Municipal Council today remained peaceful as 68.2 per cent voting was witnessed. A total of 59,741 voters exercised their franchise from 7 am to 6 pm at the 97 polling booths set up in 49 polling stations. Eight candidates were in the fray for the election to the pos
- Zirakpur: Power crisis exposes functioning of council - The Tribune India
Power outage for two days in Zirakpur and its adjoining areas had exposed the functioning of the MC authorities as the generator sets attached with tubewells failed to function, causing water scarcity in the whole region. People were forced to buy potable water from the market.
- Police continue search drive in Zirakpur - The Tribune India
The police conducted a search operation at the Maya Garden City society on the Nagla road today. However, no suspicious person, weapon or vehicle was recovered from