- 19th January, 2021
- Khap leader slapped with sedition charges in Bahadurgarh - Times of India
Chandigarh: Amid debate over the NIA notices to farm leaders and others, a Haryana khap leader has been slapped with sedition charges and a case was r.
- Chandigarh: Decision to privatise power not gone down well with power employees and residents - The Indian Express
The privatisation is being pushed in a clandestine manner and the same is bound to have an adverse impact on the major stakeholders -- consumers and employees. Indian Express Reporter Hina Rohtaki speaks to some people opposing the decision.
- PRIs elections: Mandi MP?s brother loses ward election in his village - Times of India
Shimla: Losing election of ward member at Jalpehad panchayat of Jogindernagar sub-division in Mandi district by a candidate has left the BJP and its M.
- Punjab, Himachal, Haryana most vulnerable states in view of drug trafficking: NCB officer - The Indian Express
"State police authorities are lagging behind in view of financial investigation in drug peddling cases", said Gyaneshwar Singh, Deputy Director-General, Northern Region, Narcotics Control Bureau.
- Defamation complaint filed against Zee, Republic Bharat, others for programmes on farmers - The Indian Express
It was contended that for the last 40 days, the news channels have been telecasting false and wrong news about the kisan unions. The majority of the farmers sitting on the roads/footpaths belongs to Punjab, Haryana and Western UP.
- Tractor parade on Republic Day on, it?s our right: Unions - Times of India
The farm organisations have reiterated that they will hold a tractor parade in Delhi on Republic Day at all costs. They held a meeting on Monday to r
- Chandigarh: PGIMER doctor features among top 20 global researchers on universal health coverage - The Indian Express
Dr Prinja is the only researcher from India who features in this list of top 20 researchers based on the volume of research, the impact of research and the quality of journals in which it is published.
- SGPC to use steam for cooking langar - Times of India
Amritsar: The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) will begin using steam for preparing langar at its historic gurdwaras.
- CM failed to control sand mafia in home district: SAD - Times of India
Patiala: The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Monday claimed that Punjab chief minister Capt Amarinder Singh had failed to control the sand mafia, particu.
- 3,299 vaccinated in HP - Times of India
Shimla: Against the target of 5,061 persons, Covid-19 vaccine was administered to 3,299, taking the coverage to 65.
- 11,457 receive the jabs in Hry, 69 report adverse effects - Times of India
Chandigarh: Having recorded 81% coverage on the day of the launch, Haryana health department, on Monday, recorded 11,457 vaccinations across the state.
- Once Covid hotspot, Nuh now free of virus - Times of India
Chandigarh: Once a Covid-19 hotspot, Nuh district, on Monday, became the first Covid free district of the state.
- Captain on NIA notices: Do farmers look like terrorists? - Times of India
Chandigarh: Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh on Monday condemned NIA notices to several farm leaders and their supporters in the midst of the ong.
- Health workers apprehensive about safety - Times of India
Chandigarh: With concerns surrounding the safety of the Covid vaccine, Punjab has its task cut out as some of the health workers’ unions have expresse.
- Chandigarh to axe 39 trees for road widening - The Tribune India
Dushyant Singh PundirTribune News ServiceChandigarh, January 18
The UT Administration will cut down at least 39 trees for the widening of the road from the Poultry Farm chowk to the Chandigarh Transp