- Campaign peaks, fight on ?Bandi Singhs? intensifies - The Tribune India
With Sangrur Lok Sabha bypoll campaign reaching its peak, the fight between two parties staking claim over the issue of release of Sikh political prisoners (Bandi Singhs) has intensified. The ruling Aam Aadmi Party has been putting both of them in the dock over the issue.
- Guard killed as vehicle hits bike on Zirakpur - Patiala highway - The Tribune India
A security guard was killed when his motorcycle was hit by an unknown vehicle on the Zirakpur-Patiala highway in the wee hours of today. The victim has been identified as Makhan Singh (46), a resident of Rajpura.
- Minor scuffle at booth, 2 rounded up in Palwal - The Tribune India
While polling at the 124 polling centres in the city concluded peacefully, a minor scuffle took place between the supporters of two candidates in fray at ward 24 of the Local Municipal Council.
- AG Punjab defeat ITBP 5 - 2 - The Tribune India
Vasudev scored two goals as AG Punjab logged a convincing 5-2 win over ITBP in the ongoing Chandigarh State Hockey Championship at the Sector 42 Sports Complex.
- Rain likely for 2 more days in Chandigarh - The Tribune India
Rain likely for 2 more days in Chandigarh
- Haryana records 70.04% turnout in civic body polls - Times of India
The state election commission (SEC) of Haryana on Sunday heaved a sigh of relief as voting for elections to the state's 28 municipal councils and 18 m
- Chandigarh: Resident loses Rs 5K to cyber fraud - The Tribune India
A columnist and novelist has been duped of Rs 5,000 by a swindler posing as an employee of the Electricity Department.
- Rahul Gandhi's birthday: Cong holds langar, vax camps in Chandigarh - The Tribune India
The city Congress today organised some social welfare programmes in different parts of the city to mark the 52nd birthday of party leader Rahul Gandhi.
- Rowing team selected in Chandigarh - The Tribune India
Chandigarh Rowing Association (CRA) has selected the local rowing team for the 23rd Sub-Junior and 5th Interstate Challenger National Rowing Championships to be held from June 20 to 26 in Jammu and Kashmir. According to CRA secretary Rajiv Sharma, rowers, including Akshat Antil and Manish Yadav in s
- One - fourth of all soldiers selected every year belong to north region - Times of India
Around one-fourth of the total soldiers selected all over the country in a year belong to this region - Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Chandi
- 'Shikshit Sheher, Viksit Sheher' launched in Chandigarh - The Tribune India
To make up for the losses faced by students due to Covid-19 the past two years, the Chandigarh Welfare Trust (CWT) today launched a special campaign under the banner of ‘Shikshit Sheher, Viksit Sheher’.
- Active cases cross 300 - mark in Chandigarh - The Tribune India
Active cases cross 300 - mark in Chandigarh
- Case registered on Punjab and Haryana High Court orders - The Tribune India
Chandigarh: Over six years after a man reportedly committed suicide, the UT police have registered a case of abetment to suicide against suspect Ajmer Singh Bhullar and others. The case has been registered on the directions of the Punjab and Haryana High Court on a petition filed by the victim&rsquo
- Cyclists bag 8 more medals - The Tribune India
Hosts India scooped up eight medals — 1 gold, 3 silver and 4 bronze — at the Asian Track Cycling Championships on the second day here today.
- Baby girl found abandoned in sack at Chhat village, Zirakpur - The Tribune India
The local police recovered a six-month-old girl, packed in a sack, from bushes at Chhat village in Zirakpur today.