- Punjab's sharpest spike of 20 takes tally to 99 - Times of India
Chandigarh/Amritsar/Bathinda/ Mohali/ The number of confirmed coronavirus (Covid-19) cases in Punjab rose by 20 on Tuesday, registering the state's s
- CRPF helps Mumbai watchman reach Chandigarh to meet his ailing father - The Indian Express
Mohammed Arif started cycling from Mumbai to reach his ailing father in Chandigarh and is now by his bedside, all thanks to CRPF.
- 9,000 detained in 15 days for curfew violations - Times of India
Police detained 9,260 people for violating curfew in the past 15 days. They registered 105 FIRs and arrested 125 people under sections 188 (Disobedie
- Eight villages sealed in Mohali, survey held, 118 samples taken - Times of India
A spurt in Covid-19 cases has forced the local administration to sound a red alert in eight villages of the district. The villages have been sealed an
- COVID - 19 crisis: Lathi charge at vendors at Chandigarh?s Sector 26 - Times of India
Police resorted to lathi charge on vegetable vendors in Chandigarh’s Sector 26 after facing a tough crowd control situation. Cops reported that no one was following the token system and were trying to enter the market area together at one time. With vendors and buyers violating the social distancing directive, cops used mild lathi charge to control the situation.
- Lockdown: 35 stranded US nationals shifted to Chandigarh on way to America - United News of India
Uniindia: Dharamshala, Apr 7 (UNI) A total of 35 United States nationals, stranded at this tourist spot since the imposition of lockdown, were on Tuesday shifted to Chandigarh before they will fly to the US.
- Seven from two families test positive in Mohali - Times of India
Seven members of two families tested positive for novel coronavirus on Tuesday, taking the total number of cases in Mohali to 26 — the highest in Punj
- Police: If Tablighis in mosques, tell us - Times of India
Police on Tuesday requested clerics to inform if any follower has returned after attending the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Delhi and urged them no
- All quiet since April 3 in Chandigarh; cases will be zero in 15 days: DHS - Times of India
The city is emerging stronger in the fight against Covid-19, feels director, health services (DHS), Dr G Dewan. “In another 15 days, we will bring the
- Chandigarh: Cops use sticks to scatter vendors in Sec 26 market - Times of India
Hundreds of vendors jostled with each other to enter Sector 26 vegetable market on Tuesday, forcing the police to resort to mild laithicharge
- Two Chandigarh coronavirus patients test negative, released from hospital - The Tribune
Tribune News ServiceChandigarh, April 6
Two people who tested positive for coronavirus last month were released from a local hospital after they tested negative on Sunday, officials said.
The two we
- Chandigarh: Sale of chewing gum, bubble gum, paan masala prohibited - The Indian Express
Principal Home Secretary Arun Gupta, who also holds the charge of Commissioner Food Safety, had issued these orders on Monday. The orders triggered confusion either merely spitting has also become a criminal offence in Chandigarh.
- Man cycles 2100 kms from Mumbai to Chandigarh to meet ailing father with CRPF assistance - The New Indian Express
The story of Arif's sheer determination began last week when the paramilitary force got to know from a media report that the man had started on a borrowed bicycle from Mumbai.
- Ready for war: Mohali gets 19 Covid Commandos in khaki - Hindustan Times
Ready for war: Mohali gets 19 Covid Commandos in khaki
- Music to ears as Chandigarh golfer tries to make best of lockdown - Hindustan Times
Music to ears as Chandigarh golfer tries to make best of lockdown