- 23rd May, 2022
- Chandigarh's beauty wows Telangana delegation - The Tribune India
Chandigarh's beauty wows Telangana delegation
- 'It's not Europe but clean & green Shimla': Former diplomat shares picture of India - The Tribune India
Former Norwegian diplomat Erik Solheim on Sunday shared a picture of Shimla and wrote, "This is not Europe but clean and green Shimla."
- Range Rover mishap in Ambala: Girl sent to judicial custody - The Tribune India
The body of Mohit Sharma, who lost his life in a car accident on Saturday, was handed over to the family, and cremation was done on Sunday.
- Couple arrested for duping Pinjore resident of Rs 68 lakh - The Tribune India
The Panchkula police have nabbed two persons, including a woman, for duping a Pinjore resident of Rs 68 lakh by paying Rs 9 lakh as initial amount for the land costing Rs 77 lakh on the pretext of setting up a company.
- Chandigarh: ASSOCHAM announces office - bearers of region - The Tribune India
Chandigarh: The Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industries of India (ASSOCHAM) announced the office bearers of its Northern Region Development Council for the year 2022-23, including the Chairman, Amrit Sagar Mittal. SV Goyal and Kulwin Seehra were appointed as Co-Chairs of the council. Vijay Sha
- Drive for direct sowing of paddy launched in Fatehgarh Sahib district - The Tribune India
Lakhvir Singh Rai, MLA, Fatehgarh Sahib, launched a campaign for direct sowing of paddy from Khare village today. He inaugurated the drive at the farm house of Pavitar Singh, a progressive farmer of Khare village. Officials of the Agriculture Department were also present during the drive.
- Thundershower, rain lash north India; causes power blackouts, flights chaos - The Tribune India
The region received the first wet thunderstorm/cyclonic storm of the season accompanied with widespread rains, lightning and gusty winds this morning, cooling surface temperatures by 11 degrees to bring them down to 18 degree C
- Two nailed for carrying out theft at rice sheller in Raipur Rani - The Tribune India
The police today claimed to have nabbed two persons while carryinig out a theft in a closed rice sheller in Raipur Rani.
- Panchkula residents plant saplings in road pits, say MC staff in deep slumber - The Tribune India
Members of the Residents Welfare Association, Sector 20, who had been demanding repair of roads for the past year and a half, held a protest march against the Municipal Corporation (MC) highlighting the poor condition of roads from Gurukul School to the Peer Muchhalla barrier.
- Woman employee of gurdwara killed - The Tribune India
A 48-year-old woman was found murdered in a residential quarter of Gurdwara Dukhniwaran Sahib last night. The deceased has been identified as Satwinder Kaur, a regular employee of the gurdwara. The police said the deceased and her son were attacked with a sharp weapon.
- Two travel agents get 4 - yr RI in cheating case - The Tribune India
Setting aside the order of a trial court, Jagjit Singh, Special Judge, CBI court, has sentenced two travel agents - Sham Lal and Mukesh Sharma - to undergo four years of rigorous imprisonment in a cheating case registered against them seven years ago by the CBI.
- Parking row turns ugly, MC worker murdered at Mani Majra - The Tribune India
A pedestrian, who was returning home, was beaten to death at Mani Majra last night after a fight over parking earlier in the day. The incident was caught on a CCTV camera that led to the identification of the suspects, one of whom, Jogesh, has been arresed. The remaining suspects, two of whom have b
- Minister honours teachers - The Tribune India
Chandigarh: Dr Baljit Kaur, Cabinet Minister, Social Security, Woman & Child Development, Punjab, awarded teachers during a teachers’ felicitation ceremony organised by the Aryans Group of Colleges. Dr Anshu Kataria, Chairman, Aryans Group, presided over the ceremony. TNS
- Ambedkar Chamber to open soon in Haryana - The Tribune India
Now, representatives of Dr Ambedkar Chamber of Commerce will also be invited to Antyodaya Melas, which are being organised under Mukhyamantri Antyodaya Parivar Utthan Yojana.
- Bittu re - elected FOSWAC chairman - The Tribune India
Baljinder Singh Bittu was unanimously re-elected as the chairman of the Federation of Sectors Welfare Association Chandigarh (FOSWAC) for another term of two years.