- 21st August, 2019
- Chandigarh traffic police worry: 56,000 postal challans pending, no one ready to pay - The Indian Express
The traffic police had issued a total of 74,561 postal challans in the last one year since the implementation of e-challan system in the city on September 5, 2018.
- Chandigarh: Chennai firm comes forward for public cycle sharing system - The Indian Express
Chandigarh is the first city in the country to start public bicycle sharing system at a large scale encouraging people to use bicycles.
- Chandigarh ?conceived? as capital city of Punjab: Advocate General - The Indian Express
Advocate General Atul Nanda on Tuesday argued before the Punjab and Haryana HC that Chandigarh was “conceived” and “perceived” as the capital city of Punjab.
- Ambala Central Jail inmate tries to end life, booked - Times of India
Ambala: An inmate of Central Jail in Ambala was booked by the police for attempting suicide in jail premises on Sunday.
- Speed up land procurement for Chd - Baddi line: Hry chief secy - Times of India
Chandigarh: The Northern Railway general manager (GM) T P Singh on Tuesday held the first meeting with Haryana chief secretary Keshvi Anand Arora on t.
- Women?s panel seeks report in rape case - Times of India
Taking suo motu cognizance of reports of ill-treatment meted out to a rape survivor, the Punjab State Commission for Women has sought a report from th.
- Chandigarh perceived, conceived as capital of Punjab: Nanda to HC - Hindustan Times
HT Correspondentletterschd@hindustantimes.comCHANDIGARH Despite being a Union Territory, Chandigarh is perceived and conceived as the capital of Punjab, state’s advocate general...
- Body of mother of three found in Chandigarh?s Sukhna Lake - Hindustan Times
Police said the deceased, identified as Kusum Sharma, was a resident of Behlana village in Chandigarh. She ran a cosmetics store in the village.
- Chandigarh news: Cop killed as scooter rams bike, man held for ?raping? daughter and more - The Indian Express
The victim was identified as ASI Jasbir Singh, who was going to his village near Jagatpura. He was posted in the wireless wing of the Punjab Police in Chandigarh.
- Two teens held guilty of raping 16 - year - old in Chandigarh - Hindustan Times
The accused were 17-year-old when they committed the crime in September 2017
- Bargari case: Punjab government files revision petition in CBI court - Times of India
MOHALI: In pursuance of Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh’s directive to challenge the closure report in the Bargari case, the Punjab government .
- 20th August, 2019