- Chandigarh Congress youth wing launches drive to encircle potholes - The Indian Express
Harmail Kesri, who led the drive, said their aim is to caution people regarding these potholes as many commuters have been facing a tough time due to their presence on city roads.”
- Chandigarh: Show - cause notice issued to Ropar Jail superintendent - The Indian Express
The Superintendent Ropar Jail has been given a show-cause notice, directing him to get the accused to appear before court- physically or through video conferencing on July 19.
- Chandigarh MC engineers are keepers of these bad roads - The Indian Express
A retired chief engineer said right from Junior Engineer to the Executive Engineer, they are supposed to make repeated checks at the site to ensure that the work is being carried out as per the detailed notice inviting tender. As former UT chief engineer, S K Chadha put it, “An engineer is the virtual owner of the road.”
- Chandigarh plans to put power in pvt hands, to hire consultant for the purpsoe - The Indian Express
Chandigarh has no power generation of its own. It has a consumption of around 400 Mega Watts (MW). To meet the demand which goes up to its peak during summers, the electricity department sometimes procures un-requisitioned surplus power from different stations.
- Italian brand Cassina?s homage to the Chandigarh Project is equal parts refreshing and nostalgic - Architectural Digest India
Italian brand Cassina recreates furniture of Pierre Jeanneret with the reissue of four pieces, including the rare ‘Boomerang’ table
- ?Demonitization had a positive impact? - Times of India
Chandigarh: A lecture on ‘Moving India to a New Growth Trajectory - A need for a comprehensive big push’ was organized by the Institute for Developmen.
- Safe footpath project to shut Sukhna road on weekends - Times of India
Chandigarh: If visiting Sukhna, watch out.
- Cane research institute to come up at Kalanaur - Times of India
Chandigarh: Punjab government is planning to establish sugarcane research and training institute at Kalanaur to encourage sugarcane farming using mode.
- Panjab University scholars ?made to take back sexual harassment plaint? - Times of India
The authorities of a Panjab University department allegedly pressurized many women research scholars to withdraw a sexual harassment complaint they ha
- Chandigarh sub - inspector electrocuted at religious function - Times of India
A Chandigarh police sub-inspector was electrocuted after he touched live wires at a religious event in Panchkula early Monday.
- Amarinder Singh: How can soldier refuse job assigned by a general? - Times of India
Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Monday rebuked Navjot Singh Sidhu over his resignation from the state cabinet and asked, "How can a s
- Owner fails to pay tax, civic body seals industrial plot - Times of India
Chandigarh: Taking strict action against a property tax violator for allegedly not paying the tax amount to the authority concerned for past many year.
- Counselling result of 1st round withheld - Times of India
Chandigarh: The result of first round of counselling for bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery (MBBS) admissions being conducted by Baba Farid .
- Rural dispensaries witness drop in OPD patients by 70% - Times of India
Rural dispensaries witness drop in OPD patients by 70%
- Reinstate trooper who faced trial conducted in Eng, HC tells BSF - Times of India
Chandigarh: Finding the Border Security Force (BSF) at fault for conducting the proceedings for the dismissal of a trooper in English language, which .