- 14th June, 2014
- Pak violates truce as Modi talks peace - Chandigarh Tribune
Pakistani troops today violated ceasefire by targeting Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir even as Prime Minister Narendra Modi wrote to his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif promising to work with the latter in an ...
- CBI books 6 sitting, ex - Rajya Sabha MPs - Chandigarh Tribune
The CBI has registered cases against six sitting and former members of the Rajya Sabha in connection with the LTC scam in which travel reimbursement was allegedly claimed by them through purportedly forged bills. Sources in the CBI said three sitting ...
- IT exemption limit set to be Rs 5 lakh - Chandigarh Tribune
In a major bonanza for the salaried class, the government is likely to raise the income tax exemption limit from the current Rs 2 lakh to Rs 5 lakh in the Union Budget in July. The hike in income tax exemption limit will be a big relief for the salaried class.
- 13th June, 2014
- Parkash Singh Badal raises Chandigarh transfer, 1984 riots issues with ... - Daily News & Analysis
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday raised the issue of early transfer of Chandigarh to the state with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and also sought a Commission of Inquiry to probe the "entire conspiracy" behind the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
- Badal should get long pending demands accepted from Centre: Bajwa - New Kerala News
Chandigarh, Jun 13 : The Punjab Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa, today called upon Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, to get the long pending demands of the state accepted on which the Akali Dal had launched agitations that had turned bloody taking the lives of thousands of innocent people over the years.
- Rishabh Sharda in line for a double title - New Kerala News
Chandigarh, June13 : Unseeded, Rishabh Sharda of Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association stormed into bys singles finals of the ATF Asian Ranking U-14 Tournament at the Government Tennis Stadium in Sector 10 here today.
- Boys are back; claim top four slots in civil services exam - Chandigarh Tribune
Of these, 20 appeared for the examination from Delhi, two from Jaipur and one each from Lucknow, Bangalore and Chandigarh centres. Of the total successful candidates, 517 are of general category, 326 of Other Backward Class (OBC), 187 of Scheduled ...
- Actress Kulraj Randhawa visits Chandigarh Press Club for promoting an ... - Daily Bhaskar
Chandigarh : Punjabi actress Kulraj Randhawa visited the Chandigarh Press Club on Thursday for promoting an upcoming movie. She was accompanied by the direcor of the movie and producer Inder Bhandal. Talking about the movie "Nidhi Singh," Kulraj ...
- Centre says will give more coal to Punjab - Chandigarh Tribune
The Central Government today agreed ?in principle? to allocate more coal to Punjab power plants with increased generation capacity. The decision to allocate 100 per cent coal from domestic sources instead of the imported lot was taken at a meeting of ...
- Chandigarh has 2800 school dropouts, reveals latest survey - Hindustan Times
Experts call for a change of the computational technique, which, they say, does not allow for the tracking of each child individually and say that while the technique works for states, which have a large population, Chandigarh needs another method to ...
- Girl gangraped in moving car in Vasant Vihar - Chandigarh Tribune
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal last night visited Maharani Bagh to take stock of progress of repair work of the Maharani Bagh-Gazipur 220KV line. The minister, who was accompanied by top officials of the Power Ministry and Delhi's Power Department, ...
- Jawan killed, 3 injured in IED blast along LoC in Poonch - Chandigarh Tribune
CHANDIGARH · LUDHIANA · DELHI. L A T E S T N E W S. Jawan killed, 3 injured in IED blast along LoC in Poonch. JAMMU: An Army jawan was killed and three others injured in a blast triggered by an IED attack along LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and ...
- 12th June, 2014