- 14th June, 2017
- 13th June, 2017
- Reluctant states have to pass GST to do business: Meghwal - Times of India
Meghwal received representations raising concerns against the GST from the textile sector from the region in Chandigarh on Sunday. The minister also met bankers and traders here on Sunday. "Till date there was no tax on textile. Now they have to pay 5% ...
- Haryana Roadways buses to stay off roads today - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : The decision of the employees of Haryana Roadways to go on indefinite strike from Tuesday is likely to have a major impact on public commuting in the state. The state-run carrier carries thousands of passengers every day and operates 3,500 ...
- Tax on agriculture income? Contractual farmers will have to pay GST - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : Even as different sectors are still trying to comprehend the impact of goods and services tax (GST) regime, certain clauses of the new system could hit the agriculture sector in Punjab as it will make income from renting of farm land taxable.
- World Day Against Child Labour: Practice pervasive in Chandigarh, only 7 children rescued in 2017 - Hindustan Times
June has seen three rescues. On June 1, police booked Mohammed Imran and Shamshad, dhaba owners in Burail, for employing children as labourers. The same day, Vijay of Sector 34, Chandigarh , was booked for employing a child for household work.
- New guard dogs are killers unleashed - Times of India
A Pit Bull left an 8-yearold boy critical in Chandigarh on Saturday and a Rottweiler killed the 52-year-old caretaker of a farmhouse in a Panipat village on April 30.Veterinarians and breeders say the entry of these breeds is either banned or ...
- Geniuses rising, coaching biz booming - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : When Allen Institute, a coaching centre for JEE aspirants, started its Chandigarh centre, its first batch had just 30 students. Cut to 2017, the Kota-headquartered centre had 5,000 students in the academic year, and is now aiming to enroll ...
- Chandigarh: Mercury expected to rise from today - The Indian Express
Chandigarh : Mercury expected to rise from today. While the weather department has predicted a heatwave in the western parts of Punjab and Haryana in the coming days, officials said day temperature in the city could reach 39 degree Celsius on Tuesday. 0.
- Doll museum opens in memory of Nek Chand - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : UT administrator V P Singh Badnore inaugurated the much-awaited Dolls Museum at Phase III of the Rock Garden to mark the second death anniversary of Rock Garden creator Nek Chand. The museum comprises 200 rag dolls made from ...
- 9 kids from Meritorious School make the IIT cut - Times of India
Sanjay Kumar, too, is aiming for the Chandigarh university and study BTech there. "Only my family's financial condition will decide where I study ," he says. For Sanjay , his brother is his biggest motivator. "Also, I want to make a school at my ...
- Saketri gets police post after rise in crime rate - Times of India
The police post was started a week ago and ASI Singh said that, "We have installed special barricades at the entry/exit point towards Chandigarh near the Sukhna lake so that anti-social elements can be checked. We also conducted a meeting with local ...