- Even as services resume, cab drivers get little to no business in Tricity - The Indian Express
"While before I used to get 15 to 20 rides a day, nowadays on a good day I get maximum of two bookings, some of which are from out of state,” says Sukhwinder Singh, a cab driver, who is now earning around 200 rupees a day as compared to the 1,500 rupees he earned per day, earlier.
- Chandigarh Badminton Association honours 16 players trained online - The Indian Express
The players were chosen out of 60 players, who had been training at home through online coaching and the players were given awards of honors and certificate by Col Raj Parmar, senior vice president, CBA and Surinder Mahajan, secretary, CBA.
- With new 355 cases, Haryana hits 3,952 - Times of India
Chandigarh: In yet another bad day for Haryana, the state recorded another record high of 355 Covid-19 cases on Saturday.
- Cop posted at DSP Kharar office tests positive - Times of India
Mohali: A policeman posted at the DSP Kharar office tested positive for novel coronavirus on Saturday.
- 2 docs booked for gender test - Times of India
Patiala: Two private doctors and an agent have been booked for allegedly conducting sex determination test.
- 17 - year - old girl ends life post break - up with boyfriend - Times of India
Chandigarh: A 17-year-old-girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her residence in Hallomajra on Friday.
- ?For school reopening, take parents? views? - Times of India
Chandigarh: A city-based advocate has sent a legal demand notice to the UT administration for including public and parents’ representatives in the com.
- PU hostellers want to return as exams draw near - Times of India
Chandigarh: “I am a resident of Kolkata and planning to book a flight to Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh: 24 - yr - old student held for Sector 33 firing - The Indian Express
Police said accused Karan Sharma was one of the five assailants who fired 17 bullets at the house in Sector 33. He was hired to fire the shots from a known criminal, Dipu Banur, who is lodged at Ambala Central Jail.
- Mohali braces to tackle locust attack - Times of India
Mohali: The local administration has braced itself to face locust attack.
- Mohali ready to step into Unlock 1.0, with caution - Times of India
Mohali: Under the Unlock 1.
- HP allows MNREGA even in unapproved projects - Times of India
Shimla: Punjab chief minister Jai Ram Thakur said the state government had allowed unemployed rural persons willing to work on their land under MNREGA.
- Hoteliers find CM?s quarantine tourism idea ?unsafe? - Times of India
Shimla: Chief minister Jai Ram Thakur’s proposal to develop Himachal Pradesh as a “quarantine tourism” destination has met with opposition from a sect.
- ULBs should create own income: Thakur - Times of India
Shimla: Chief minister (CM) Jai Ram Thakur said urban local bodies (ULB) should strive hard to create their own sources of income in order to accelera.
- No power tariff change in Himachal - Times of India
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (HPERC) has decided not to increase the electricity tariff for financial year 2020-21.