- 2nd August, 2020
- Deaths show administration failure: Pratap Singh Bajwa - Times of India
Congress Rajya Sabha member Pratap Singh Bajwa said the deaths due to spurious liquor in Tarn Taran, Amritsar and Gurdaspur symbolized the growing “po
- Punjab water resources department sets up 40 - bed isolation facility - Times of India
The Punjab water resources department has set up an isolation centre at Ranjit Sagar Dam Hospital, besides establishing a quarantine facility at Shahp
- Registries without NOCs: More staffers under scanner - Times of India
After tightening the noose around tehsildars and naib tehsildars of Gurgaon division, the chief minister’s office (CMO) has put the role of patwaris a
- Chandigarh: Covid - 19 pandemic helps rape accused secure bail - Times of India
The Punjab and Haryana high court has granted bail to an accused in a rape case of a minor, reasoning the courts are working with restrictions owing t
- Chandigarh: Big Bazar directed to pay Rs 18k fine for charging Rs 48, Rs 12 for two carry bags - The Indian Express
In its written statement, Big Bazar pleaded that the amount was rightfully charged from the complainant for the carry bag as the same was displayed in the store, and the complainant had consented to be given a carry bag for an additional charge.
- July saw less than normal rain, IMD says Chandigarh expected to receive about 200 mm rainfall in August - The Indian Express
“Monsoon will continue till September. Though there has been less than normal rain in July, August will have quality rainfall,” said Surender Paul, IMD Director, Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh: Racing car hits bike, rams into IAS officer?s house - The Indian Express
Sources said accused driver Piyush Thakur mentioned his residential address of Sector 51 at GMCH-32 but later corrected it to Sector 23. He will be arrested shortly.
- Woman leaves with husband, found dead - Times of India
Karnal: A 25-year-old woman was found murdered along New Grain Market Road in Nissing village near here on Friday evening.
- Aid for girl who got 99.55% in XII - Times of India
Bathinda: A US-based literary organisation, Raag, has announced to honour the rare feat of Jaspreet Kaur of Bajewala village in Mansa district — who s.
- Pak Hindus fear more attacks after temple stone laying in Ayodhya - Times of India
Amritsar: Barely two days after Islamabad objected to the construction of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, the killing of a young Hindu businessman in Sindh pro.
- Gaurakshak held for shooting at driver, snatching Rs 50k - Times of India
Ambala/Kurukshetra: Haryana Police on Saturday arrested an Ambala based ‘gaurakshak’ under alleged charges of snatching of Rs 50,000, dacoity and shoo.
- At Bhavan Vidyalaya: Chandigarh?s specially - abled ace virtual learning - The Indian Express
The school ensures that at least two interactive learning sessions are conducted for the students in a week, enabling them to continue their education online.
- Chandigarh coronavirus update: 193 new cases, 1 death; count at 9,385 - Business Standard
Chandigarh coronavirus update: 193 new cases, 1 death; count at 9,385 on Business Standard. Chhattisgarh reported 193 Covid-19 cases taking the state's count to 9,385, while the death toll climbed to 55 after an elderly woman succumbed to the infection
- Three more fatalities take Chandigarh?s coronavirus death toll to 18 - The Tribune India
Tribune News ServiceChandigarh, August 1
Chandigarh reported three deaths from COVID-19 on Saturday, taking the union territory’s death tally to 18.
The UT also reported 28 new coronavirus cas
- Medical students panic as KCGMC, Karnal, and PGIMER, Rohtak, call them for practical classes - The Indian Express
Students are questioning the move of the two medical institutes claiming there are no clear guidelines from the Medical Council of India (MCI), a regulatory body of all medical institutes.