- 3rd August, 2020
- Of 69 new patients in HP, 6 defence personnel - Times of India
Shimla: Sixty-nine more people, including six defence personnel, tested positive for Covid-19 in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday.
- Will protect state?s claims, say all parties in Punjab - Times of India
Chandigarh: The Supreme Court asked the chief ministers of Punjab and Haryana last week to attempt a negotiated settlement of the Satluj-Yamuna link (.
- Khattar opens 10 women?s colleges today, Baroda gets 2 - Times of India
Chandigarh: Ahead of the by-election in Baroda assembly constituency, Haryana chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar will on Monday inaugurate two women’s.
- No talks, just start work: Haryana oppn - Times of India
Chandigarh: As the Supreme Court (SC) has asked the political heads of Punjab and Haryana to put their heads together to resolve the unending dispute .
- Chandigarh BJP begins preparing 25 quintal of ladoos to celebrate Ram mandir foundation stone laying - The Indian Express
BJP Chief Arun Sood said that proper measures of cleanliness have been ensured while making the ladoos. He said that the ladoos will be distributed at old age homes, among homeless people and slum dwellers.
- Fatality rate 5th worst in country, Punjab on toes - Times of India
Chandigarh: Given the high number of Covid-19 deaths in the state, Punjab does not seem to be doing enough for early detection and care of critical pa.
- Haryana cases cross 36k as 761 test +ve - Times of India
Chandigarh: Haryana’s Covid-19 count reached 36,519 cases with 433 deaths as 761 new patients and five deaths were reported from the state on Sunday.
- Govt school students in Chandigarh struggle to access smartphones - The Indian Express
While several parents and student have complaints regarding the excessive use of screen time for educational purposes now— the masses struggle to overcome the digital divide and ensure that their children have access to smartphones and screen time, so that they can pursue their education per usual.
- Mohali: Missing lawyer found murdered - The Indian Express
According to the police, advocate Kulbir Chauhan (40) was found to be murdered on Sunday. His body was found from Khnauri in SYL Canal.
- Chandigarh, Mohali report 3 deaths, as tricity sees steepest surge of 134 cases - Hindustan Times
Chandigarh, Mohali report 3 deaths, as tricity sees steepest surge of 134 cases
- Rain fails to cool the city on Sunday - Times of India
Ludhiana: Even as it rained in the city on Sunday morning, day temperature witnessed a rise in Ludhiana.
- Punjab: TikTok star who was to tie rakhi to CM tests positive - The Indian Express
Among the new cases are 5-year-old TikTok star from Moga Noor aka Noorpreet Kaur and her father Satnam Singh from Bhinder Kalan village of Moga, who tested positive on Sunday.
- 18 more succumb, toll rises to 423 - Times of India
Chandigarh: Punjab on Sunday recorded 792 more Covid-19 cases, taking the state tally to 17,853 cases, of which 5,964 are active cases at present.
- Covid - 19 in Haryana: 2 deaths, 21 fresh cases in Kurukshetra - Times of India
The district recorded two more Covid-19 deaths, taking the toll to six on Sunday. ?The district also reported 21 fresh coronavirus cases.
- 2nd August, 2020