- 5th September, 2020
- Punjab crosses 60k with 1,498 new cases; 49 succumb to virus - Times of India
Chandigarh: Punjab on Friday crossed the 60,000 mark by recording 1,498, new cases and 49 deaths.
- Hry DSP threatens to shoot health staffers - Times of India
Hisar: A video of a Covid-19 positive Haryana Police DSP allegedly threatening to shoot the members of a health department team, which had gone to put.
- Chandigarh court asks L&T official to join probe into forgery charges - Daijiworld.com
Chandigarh court asks L&T official to join probe into forgery charges - Daijiworld.com
- Haryana mulls setting up mining zone in Yamunanagar - Times of India
Yamunanagar: The Haryana government is exploring possibilities of making two more mining zones at Lapra village in Jagadhri block and Nandgarh village.
- Narnaul police arrest 3 for attack BJP leader?s son - Times of India
Chandigarh: With the arrest of three men, Narnaul police on Friday claimed to have solved a case related to firing on a BJP leader’s son for allegedly.
- Centre to view proposals to prevent body swapping - Times of India
Chandigarh: The Union ministry of health and family welfare will consider the suggestions regarding disposal of bodies of Covid-19 victims, for preven.
- Haryana gets 1,884 cases, 19 fatalities - Times of India
Chandigarh: Registering 1,884 new cases, Haryana on Friday yet again outdid its own record of maximum cases in a day and witnessed 19 deaths, taking t.
- Chandigarh Traffic cops who issued less challans asked to explain - The Tribune India
Tribune News ServiceChandigarh, September 3
A total of 68 traffic cops, who issued less number of challans between July 17 and August 25, have been asked for an explanation for their “under per
- Inter - state bus service from Chandigarh to start from Sept 16, mandi to be shifted before Sept 15 - The Indian Express
"As per provisions mentioned, this administration has decided allow to resume inter-state bus service of Chandigarh Transport Undertaking buses and other State Transport Undertakings (STUs) with effect from September 16, 2020,” said a statement issued by the administration.
- Chandigarh administration decides against opening Sukhna this weekend - The Tribune India
Tribune News ServiceChandigarh, September 9
The Chandigarh Administration has decided to keep Sukhna Lake closed to the public over this weekend, officials said---a development that comes as the unio
- Chandigarh: Court allows lie - detector test of male domestic help - The Indian Express
The permission was granted by the court of JMIC Nazmeen Singh, following which the police booked a date in December to conduct the lie-detector test on the domestic help, Luvkush (22), at Haryana Forensic Science Laboratory in Karnal's Madhuban.
- Chandigarh: Too much government, too little governance - The Indian Express
Time and again, it is only the meaningful intervention of the High Court that ensures governance in the City Beautiful. Ultimately, it is the sword of contempt jurisdiction which is a potent deterrent and the catalyst, which only nudges the administration to the drawing board.
- Haryana asks neighbouring states to allow interstate movement of roadways buses - Hindustan Times
Haryana asks neighbouring states to allow interstate movement of roadways buses
- Chandigarh: Man who was to undergo hair transplant before wedding moves court against firm for ?cheating? - The Indian Express
Raju Gupta (30) has filed a complaint against the firm under Section 420 (cheating) of the IPC, in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMIC) T P S Randhawa. The matter is now scheduled for hearing on January 15 next year.
- Chandigarh: 71.1% rise in accidental deaths in 2019, shows NCRB data - The Indian Express
Out of the 414 people who died due to accidents, 334 were men and 80 were women, as per the Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India-2019 data compiled by the NCRB.