- 20th May, 2020
- 19th May, 2020
- PEC bot delivers contactless medicine, food for Chandigarh's Covid - 19 patients - Times of India
A robot designed in the cyber security research centre of Punjab Engineering College will take food and medicine to Covid-19 patients in hospitals and save ward attendants from contracting coronavirus. This machine named Swayam Sevika can carry 5 kilograms but the safe limit is 4kg. Its weight sensor commands the robot to turn back five seconds after the patient has lifted the plate. Bilingual, it speaks in Hindi and English. Delivering food and medicine by hand puts frontline health workers at a huge risk and spreads the infection. The deployment of bots in hospitals can minimise this risk. Their battery time of two hours is enough to last more than three days of carrying three meals a day.
- Haryana: Fourth Shramik train ferries 1,296 to Bihar from Ambala - Times of India
AMBALA: The fourth Shramik special train departed for Bhagalpur in Bihar from Ambala Cantonment at 4 pm on Tuesday, carrying 1,296 migrants and 12 chi.
- 73% of PU unable to study in lockdown: Study - Times of India
CHANDIGARH: Almost 73% of students from Panjab University and its affiliate colleges say they are unable to study in the Covid-19 lockdown, while two-.
- 3 more coronavirus cases in Chandigarh - Business Insider India
Chandigarh, May 19 () Three people, including a 12-year-old boy, tested positive for coronavirus in Chandigarh on Tuesday, taking the number of infected to
- Chandigarh gets 3 - star garbage - free tag - The Tribune India
Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, May 19
Chandigarh got a 3-star garbage-free city tag, on Tuesday, in the rating of cities for their garbage management.
Mayor Raj Bala Malik said the Central Govern
- Punjab's Covid - 19 tally crosses 2,000 mark - Times of India
The number of Covid-19 cases in Punjab on Tuesday crossed the 2,000-mark with 22 more people testing positive for the disease in the state, officials
- Chandigarh's quarantine houses exceed 4,800, more vehicles to lift their garbage - Times of India
CHANDIGARH: After the count of city's quarantine houses has reached more than 4,800, the sanitation department has deployed additional vehicles to lif.
- Bank loan fraud: ED attaches Rs 18.5 - cr assets in Chandigarh - The Tribune India
New Delhi, May 19
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has attached assets worth Rs 18.5 crore, including over two dozen plots and some SUVs, in connection with a money-laundering probe linked to alleged
- Chandigarh: CBSE to hold exams of only important subjects - Times of India
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will only conduct exams of subjects which are important for students to take admission in higher insti
- Multani case: After Sumedh Saini, 4 former Chandigarh cops get anticipatory bail - The Tribune India
Tribune News Service
Mohali, May 19
Four retired cops of the Chandigarh police, who were booked in a 29-year old case of alleged abduction and disappearance of Balwant Singh Multani,
- Bank loan fraud: ED attaches Rs 18.5 - cr assets in Chandigarh - Business Insider India
New Delhi, May 19 () The Enforcement Directorate has attached assets worth Rs 18.5 crore, including over two dozen plots and some SUVs, in connection with
- 3 new coronavirus cases in Chandigarh takes UT's tally to 200 - The Tribune India
Tribune News ServiceChandigarh, May 19
Chandigarh reported three new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, taking the city's count to 200.
Two cases were reported from Bapu Dham Colony---a hotspot in