- 21st May, 2020
- Chandigarh Golf Club reopens, city?s who?s who tee off with masks on - The Indian Express
With each batch teeing off after a gap of 15 minutes and only one member allowed per cart apart from no presence of caddies, the 18-hole course saw golfers wearing masks apart from carrying own water bottles.
- Chandigarh: 498 new patients register at PGI - The Indian Express
As compared to the 498 patients registered through tele-consultation now, at least 3,000 new patients were registered in a day in person at PGI under pre-lockdown circumstances.
- Haryana govt yet to allow movement between Panchkula, capital Chandigarh - The Indian Express
The order passed by the state's Principle Secretary said, inter-state movement of passenger vehicles and buses “with mutual consent of the state/UTs is allowed”.
- 89,000 people stranded in Himachal keen to return home - Hindustan Times
89,000 people stranded in Himachal keen to return home
- Haryana to start random sampling in industrial units - Times of India
As the industries in Haryana start operation, the state health authorities plan to start random sampling in these units to prevent the spread of novel
- Chandigarh: Charge power bill every month, JERC tells administration - Times of India
The Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) has directed the UT administration to shift from bi-monthly to monthly billing system, rejecting t
- 11 fresh Covid cases in Bapu Dham Colony, Chandigarh count 216 - The Tribune India
Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, May 21
Eleven fresh corona cases have been reported from Chandigarh's Bapu Dham Colony in Sector 26, taking the city count to 216.
Of the new cases, nine are from
- Will look into CS issue, excise revenue: Punjab CM - Times of India
After his meeting with party leaders over lunch on Wednesday, Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh later issued a statement that the party leaders ha
- Women set liquor vend on fire in Panchkula - Times of India
Police have booked unidentified women for setting a liquor vend on fire in Dholuwal village, Pinjore, Panchkula.
- Punjab unsure of arrival of 10 lakh farmhands for paddy transplant - Times of India
Punjab is worried about its paddy cycle as around 10 lakh workers are required for the crop's transplantation in the state.
- Chandigarh: No relaxations in containment zones - Times of India
The UT administration on Wednesday ruled out any kind of relaxation in the six containment zones. In a review meeting chaired by UT administrator V P
- Chandigarh: 47 buses ply, more to cover 52 routes soon - Times of India
The UT administration on Wednesday started 47 non-AC buses of Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) on local routes.
- Mohali, Panchkula vendors can buy veggies from Sector 17 - Times of India
Expecting more crowds in the days ahead in both wholesale market of Sector 26 and fruit and vegetable market temporary shifted to Sector 17, municipa
- Chandigarh markets, tourist spot sector 17 plaza opens, confusion at dhabas - The Indian Express
In Sector 11, dhaba owners opened but police officers asked them to down the shutters as they said dhabas were not in the category of restaurants and only restaurants were allowed to do home delivery.
- 74,218 J&K residents brought back till date - Times of India
Jammu: Fulfilling its commitment towards providing succour to Jammu & Kashmir residents stranded outside the UT due to lockdown imposed in the wak.