- 31st March, 2020
- Three arrested under Excise Act in Chandigarh - The Tribune
Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, March 30
The UT police arrested three persons under the Excise Act on Sunday. Sources said the suspects were selling liquor illegally.
According to the police, As
- Fee relief for parents in Chandigarh - The Tribune
Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, March 29
Giving relief to parents in the wake of Covid-19, the UT Administration has announced rescheduling of dates for fees submission for the st
- Silence on roads invites wild guests to Chandigarh - Times of India
Chandigarh/ In the absence of vehicles and their usual honking on the roads, the otherwise invisible wild animals like Sambhars are roaming around un
- 21 - day leave for juveniles in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh: Panel - Times of India
Juvenile Justice Monitoring Committee chairperson Justice Jaswant Singh has asked all district and sessions judges in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh t
- Private schools asked to submit RTE file by today - Times of India
Ludhiana: The department of education, Punjab, has issued a letter to private schools of the state to submit the Right to Education files before March.
- P?kula admn turns govt schools into shelters for migrants - Hindustan Times
P?kula admn turns govt schools into shelters for migrants
- Online classes keep students busy, teachers say difficult to evaluate - Times of India
Ludhiana: With a 21-day lockdown at the time when the new academic session normally starts, has really thrown up many challenges for the educational i.
- Chandigarh: Employer booked for asking his workers to leave job - The Indian Express
The eight labourers were returning to their native state of Uttar Pradesh when a police party meet them. They disclosed that they were shown the door.
- Chandigarh: Transporter trucks stranded, drivers refuse to go on long routes as dhabas remain shut - The Indian Express
Bharat Goswami, a transporter in Chandigarh, is unable to send his consignment of hand sanitisers to be delivered in Bihar, as ordered by the Bihar government, as his trucks are stuck in Chandigarh, with no driver agreeing to make the journey.
- Mostly sunny from here on, but expect drizzle on Tuesday: Met - Times of India
Ludhiana: Weather continued to be sunny in the city and the temperatures were recorded on higher side on Monday.
- Chandigarh: Where are public representatives? Many missing in action - The Indian Express
Adviser Manoj Parida has been at the forefront of the fight against coronavirus and remains constantly in touch with the city, to allay their fears about the contagion and the curfew.
- Chandigarh: Name, shame, boycott those who violate curfew, says UT Advisor - The Indian Express
“What hurts is the stupid people’s attempt to sink the ship by societal mass infection. The violators of lock down are social criminals," said UT Adviser.
- Chandigarh: Staff facing acute lack of protective gears, not enough people being tested, say GMCH - 32 resident doctors - The Indian Express
Even as 12 persons suffering from the coronavirus disease are being treated at the hospital, the hospital staff faces a shortage of PPE, as claimed by a senior resident doctor of the hospital’s Anesthesiology department, Dr Dinesh Kumar.
- Panjab University offers to help Chandigarh admn in testing of Covid - 19 samples - Hindustan Times
Panjab University offers to help Chandigarh admn in testing of Covid - 19 samples
- 6 Covid - 19 cases, highest in a day, take tricity tally to 21 - Hindustan Times
6 Covid - 19 cases, highest in a day, take tricity tally to 21