- Panchkula municipal corporation puts off draw of lots for vendors again - Times of India
The Panchkula municipal corporation (MC) has, for the second time, postponed the date for draw of lots of eligible street vendors that was to be held
- J&K man held with pistol, cartridges - Times of India
The police arrested a man from Jammu and Kashmir with a pistol and four cartridges near Kalibari light point on Wednesday night.A local court on Thurs
- CSCL draws up ?550cr plan to upgrade STPs, okays DPR - Times of India
Technical committee of the Chandigarh Smart City Limited (CSCL) has finally approved a detailed project report (DPR) to upgrade five sewage treatment
- Dadumajra man freed in drug case - Times of India
A district court acquitted a Daddumajra resident in a case of drug peddling.The acquitted man, Vicky, was arrested on the charges of carrying 40 banne
- 15 sports nurseries shut in Karnal district - Times of India
The sports and youth affairs department has shut down 15 of 51 sports nurseries in the district.
- Chandigarh court rejects DSP?s anticipatory bail plea - The Indian Express
DSP Soni was booked on Sunday on the charges of assault, attempt to murder and shooting at his wife at their residence. The incident happened at a housing society in Sector 68.
- SIT probing Maur blast visits Sirsa dera twice in 15 days - Times of India
Bathinda: With only a week left to submit the status report in the Punjab and Haryana high court about the probe into the Maur blast of January 2017, .
- In 2015 graft case, Chandigarh court issues bailable warrants against complainant - The Indian Express
The court has held that the Guneet Kaur’s bailable warrant in the sum of Rs 5000 with one surety in the like amount be issued for January 28.
- Chandigarh: Karaoke system to be installed at rarely used pedestrian subway for Rs 7 lakh - The Indian Express
The engineering wing has floated a tender to install this system worth Rs 7.70 lakhs at the pedestrian underpass — construction of which is already criticised by many as a colossal waste of money because of it is rarely being used.
- Chandigarh: Big Bazaar penalised again for charging for carry bag, this time fined Rs 5 lakh - The Indian Express
In the judgment released on Thursday, the forum have also directed to refund Rs 12 charged wrongly for carry bag from complainant Neha Goel, with Rs 100 as compensation and Rs 1,100 as cost of litigation.
- Chandigarh: Three sentenced to 20 years in prison for raping 16 - year - old girl in 2017 - The Indian Express
The convicts, Kamal, Suresh and Shankar, have been held guilty under sections 366 (Kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage, etc), 376 D (gang rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Section 6 of the POCSO Act, by the Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge, Poonam R Joshi.
- Chandigarh can be a model startup hub, says VP Singh Badnore - The Indian Express
The event was attended by over 175 participants from Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh.
- Patiala: Bride refuses to marry after dowry demand, files complaint - Times of India
A would be bride from a Nabha village refused to marry after the would be groom’s family demanded dowry. She was supposed to tie the knot on Thursday
- Four personalities from region could get Padma Awards - Times of India
Chandigarh: At least four persons from the region, including three doctors, are in the zone of consideration of the selection committee for the Padma .
- No rural health centre in Pb meets prescribed norms - Times of India
Chandigarh: Out of the 3,455 health centres in the rural areas of Punjab, none conforms to Indian Public Health Standards (IPHS).