- 19th December, 2019
- Two College Students Shot Dead in Chandigarh by Unidentified Gunmen, Another Escapes Unhurt - News18
Police suspect it could be a case of old rivalry, but the case was being investigated from all angles.
- ''Stop CAA, save India'': Protests in Chandigarh - Outlook India
- Haryana: ?Communal Harmony March? against CAA, NRC held in Kurukshetra - Times of India
KURUKSHETRA: Members of Jan Sangharsh Manch Haryana, Communist Party of India (Marxist), Sarv Karamchari Sangh Haryana and some students bodies includ.
- Haryana: Jannayak Janta Party to launch membership drive from Friday - Times of India
To strengthen and expand the party's organisational structure in Haryana, the Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) would launch a hi-tech membership drive from
- No takers for 212 properties, Chandigarh Housing Board cancels e - auction - The Indian Express
A senior officer of the board while speaking to Newsline said, â€œWe gave a monthâ€™s time but no one has got themselves registered. This is a matter of discussion whether the rates of the properties fixed need to be lowered before starting the next registration.â€
- Chandigarh: As students gear up for another CAA protest, faculty members, authorities stay mum - The Indian Express
The students are planning to hold a demonstration which will begin at the Students Centre at PU and end at Sector 17 Plaza on Thursday.
- Panchkula: Man found dead, drugs the killer? - Times of India
A 30-year-old resident of Haripur village in the district was found dead in his car on Tuesday night in a suspected drug overdose case.
- PGI doctors? health tips: Sit & eat, soak in the sun - Times of India
Time to go back to the roots to stay healthy? Most of the PGI doctors are nowadays recommending to following words of traditional wisdom backed by sci
- Chandigarh UT administration: Penalty for not registering pet dog increased to Rs 5,000 - The Indian Express
The administration approved the communication sent by the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation where the penalty for not registering pet dogs will be Rs 5,000 instead of Rs 500. Also, the cost of the registration form has been increased from Rs 200 to Rs 500.
- Maur blast: Rs 1.5 crore jammer for ex - MLA? - Times of India
Punjab police have recommended that Congressâ€™s former Bathinda (urban) MLA Harminder Singh Jassi, 63, be provided a vehicle-mounted jammer along with
- Chandigarh: PCR vans to help stranded women reach home safely - ANI News
Chandigarh [India], Dec 19 (ANI): Further scaling up the police pick-drop facility for women in distress, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has ordered all-women Police Control Room (PCR) vans to be mobilised in five major cities of Punjab to provide safe transport in response to such calls.
- As cold wind sweeps, Chandigarh now colder than Shimla - Deccan Herald
The young man had been attending a talk by Ramachandra Guha. Police took the young man to a hospital nearby.
- Anti - CAA stir: Muslim organisations hold protest against Citizenship Act, NRC in Chandigarh - Economic Times
Muslim organisations on Thursday held protest against CCitizenship (Amendment) Act, National Register of Citizens at Sector 20 in Chandigarh. The CAA grants Indian citizenship to persecuted religious minorities, like Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians from the neighbouring Muslim-majority countries of Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- Hundreds protest against CAA, NRC in Chandigarh - Times of India
Scores of people, including students, on Thursday demonstrated against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and the National Register of Citizens.
- Muslim organisations in Chandigarh protest against Citizenship Act - ANI News
Chandigarh [India], Dec 19 (ANI): Muslim organisations in Chandigarh took to the streets to protest against the newly amended citizenship law.