- Chandigarh UT administration: Penalty for not registering pet dog increased to Rs 5,000 - The Indian Express
The administration approved the communication sent by the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation where the penalty for not registering pet dogs will be Rs 5,000 instead of Rs 500. Also, the cost of the registration form has been increased from Rs 200 to Rs 500.
- Maur blast: Rs 1.5 crore jammer for ex - MLA? - Times of India
Punjab police have recommended that Congressâ€™s former Bathinda (urban) MLA Harminder Singh Jassi, 63, be provided a vehicle-mounted jammer along with
- Chandigarh: PCR vans to help stranded women reach home safely - ANI News
Chandigarh [India], Dec 19 (ANI): Further scaling up the police pick-drop facility for women in distress, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has ordered all-women Police Control Room (PCR) vans to be mobilised in five major cities of Punjab to provide safe transport in response to such calls.
- As cold wind sweeps, Chandigarh now colder than Shimla - Deccan Herald
The young man had been attending a talk by Ramachandra Guha. Police took the young man to a hospital nearby.
- Anti - CAA stir: Muslim organisations hold protest against Citizenship Act, NRC in Chandigarh - Economic Times
Muslim organisations on Thursday held protest against CCitizenship (Amendment) Act, National Register of Citizens at Sector 20 in Chandigarh. The CAA grants Indian citizenship to persecuted religious minorities, like Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians from the neighbouring Muslim-majority countries of Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- Hundreds protest against CAA, NRC in Chandigarh - Times of India
Scores of people, including students, on Thursday demonstrated against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and the National Register of Citizens.
- Muslim organisations in Chandigarh protest against Citizenship Act - ANI News
Chandigarh [India], Dec 19 (ANI): Muslim organisations in Chandigarh took to the streets to protest against the newly amended citizenship law.
- Ranji Trophy: Chandigarh in driver?s seat against Bihar - The Indian Express
Chandigarh inched closer to gaining control against Bihar in the Ranji Trophy Plate group match being played at Sector 16 Stadium on Wednesday.
- 'GST payment pattern changed unilaterally' - Times of India
The delay in release of the compensation had resulted in financial crunch faced in the state.
- Two college students shot dead in Sector 15 in Chandigarh - Times of India
Two college students were killed after two to three men barged into their rented room on the first floor in Sector 15 and opened fire on Wednesday nig
- Roads in Manimajra make for bumpy rides - Times of India
Recent rains and absence of any re-carpeting have worsened the condition of roads in Manimajra. At numerous places, the roads are either broken or fil
- Chandigarh: Drunk men damage three cars, dance on their roofs in Sector 15 - Times of India
Miscreants vandalised three vehicles parked outside houses and smashed glasses near a shop in Sector 15 in the early hours of Wednesday.
- Snatchers in Chandigarh to now face 14 years in jail, Rs 25,000 fine - Times of India
Snatching cases will now be a non-bailable offence in Chandigarh with an imprisonment which may extend to 14 years.
- Chandigarh: 2 college students shot by four assailants in Sector 15 - The Indian Express
Police sources said the incident took place at around 10 pm on the second floor of the building. Four unidentified assailants entered into the residence of the victims. Their roommate Mohit was also sleeping in the room.
- Illegal building in court complex posing risk: Residents - Times of India
Rohtak: Expressing safety concerns, residents of DLF Colony in Rohtak on Wednesday met the deputy commissioner claiming that an illegal building const.