- 8th March, 2014
- Despite Railgate taint, Bansal set to contest from Chandigarh - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : Corruption may be the biggest issue of the Lok Sabha elections, but that has not stopped the Congress from fielding former union railways minister and sitting MP P K Bansal from Chandigarh whose name appeared in the Railgate scam.
- SC trashes Sahara's repayment plan - Chandigarh Tribune
The Supreme Court today rejected Sahara's proposal for repayment of Rs 17,000 crore to the investors over 18 months, directing the group to come up with an ?acceptable and honourable? plan. A Bench comprising Justices KS Radhakrishnan and JS Khehar ...
- Navy takes a hit again; Commander dies in gas leak aboard INS Kolkata - Chandigarh Tribune
A Commander (Lt Col equivalent) of the Navy died in an accident on board under-trial Kolkata-class warship INS Kolkata today while four civilian employees of the Mazagon Docks Limited were injured. The mishap occurred around 12.45 pm. There was ...
- Chandigarh to face water shortage on March 10,11 - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : City residents will have to brave water shortage on Monday and Tuesday as the supply will be available through low pressure owing to the work to replace valves in the supply lines of phase III from Kajauli water works near Gharuan village.
- Chandigarh women pack a punch - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : Pepper spray is pass. Martial arts are in. An increasing number of women from the city are enrolling for self defence classes in the city, with martial arts academies in the backdrop of rising rapes and crime against women. While most of ...
- Danger stalks Chandigarh women - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : As many as 580 women called up an exclusive helpline number narrating their ordeals of psychological, physical and mental torture at the hands of strangers, friends, colleagues and relatives in the last 14 months in the city, highlighting ...
- Bansal is Congress' choice, but BJP yet to announce opponent - Hindustan Times
The Congress on Friday took the lead by naming four-time Lok Sabha parliamentarian Pawan Kumar Bansal as its candidate for the Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat, leaving Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as the only party which is yet to decide on a candidate for ...
- 7th March, 2014
- 6th March, 2014