- 12th August, 2014
- CJI backs collegium, says it hasn't failed - Chandigarh Tribune
The CJI told the petitioner that there was a distinction between transfer and elevation, indicating that the collegium had only recommended the transfer of Justice Manjunath, who is facing allegations of judicial misconduct, to the HC in Chandigarh ...
- 11th August, 2014
- Repeated attempts being made to defame judiciary: SC - Chandigarh Tribune
CHANDIGARH · LUDHIANA · DELHI. L A T E S T N E W S. Repeated attempts being made to defame judiciary: SC. NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Monday came out strongly against repeated attempts and misleading campaign being made to defame ...
- Teen sisters gang - raped in Gurgaon; 4 arrested - Chandigarh Tribune
Two minor sisters were allegedly gang-raped by four, including their landlord, in Binola village of Gurgaon on Saturday. The incident came to light on Sunday after the victims' mother took them to a hospital. The victim's mother, who hails from Madhya ...
- Cong takes on Modi over WTO remark - Chandigarh Tribune
The Congress today disputed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's claim that only the BJP government protected the interests of the country's poor farmers and the right to food security by taking a stand at the recent WTO meeting. ?Prime Minister Narendra ...
- Minister denies ebola case in Chennai - Chandigarh Tribune
The government on Sunday said India was on high alert over the ebola virus even as it denied reports that a Chennai resident had been afflicted with it. The health ministry in coordination with the home and civil aviation ministries is constantly ...
- Deadly virus - Chandigarh Tribune
I have examined in depth in my book "Federalism, Nationalism and Development: India and the Punjab Economy" that the push for the Green Revolution in Punjab leading to increased food production came from India's need to seek autonomy from food ...
- Film shot in Chandigarh screened in US theatres - Times of India
'Surkhaab', the film, was partly shot in Chandigarh and Canada was released in six cities in Canada and four regions in the US. The film revolves around globalization, immigration and basic survival. The film explores the real-life challenges and ...
- Chandigarh records 2nd highest temperature in August in 7 years - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : For the second time in 10 days, the city recorded the second highest temperature in seven years in August at 35.9 degrees on Sunday. The same temperature was recorded on August 6 too. The highest temperature during the period in the last ...
- 10th August, 2014
- 38 killed in Iranian plane crash - Chandigarh Tribune
CHANDIGARH : Terming the recent attacks on some Sikhs in the US as "unfortunate", SGPC on Sunday said it will write to the Prime Minister, urging the Centre to take up the matter with America and other foreign countries to prevent recurrence of such ...
- Above normal temperatures recorded in Punjab, Haryana - PTI News
Chandigarh, Aug 10 (PTI) The maximum temperatures today hovered above normal level in Punjab and Haryana, a day after some parts in the two states were lashed by rains.
- Mahapanchayat protests move to set up sanitary landfill - Chandigarh Tribune
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president and MLA Arvinder Singh took on the BJP-led Central government today saying that it had totally failed to ensure the safety and security of women as the number of rape cases has shown an upward trend.
- Keep winning streak, Modi tells BJP - Chandigarh Tribune
As the BJP leadership heaped praise on its new president Amit Shah and the NDA government's 60-day achievements, the message for party delegates at the first National Council meeting after assuming power at the Centre was that the winning pace had to ...
- Hagel calls for US, Japan, India alliance - Chandigarh Tribune
The United States today proposed a trilateral military alliance involving India, Japan and the US, while advising New Delhi that it does not have to choose between Beijing and Washington, but continue to work with both. US Secretary of Defence Chuck ...
- Chandigarh: Fire Breaks Out in Civil Secretariat Building - Outlook
A fire broke out this evening on the eighth floor of the Civil Secretariat building here, but no one was injured in the incident.
- 9th August, 2014