- 5th February, 2014
- Delhiites go shooting for Tiger - Chandigarh Tribune
The legendary Tiger Woods today kept his date with India as the world number one golfer not only tamed the difficult Delhi Golf Club with a nine-under score but also conquered hearts of the thousands of people who came in hordes to have a glimpse of him.
- High Security Registration Plates bonanza for Chandigarh cops - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : Chandigarh Traffic Police have collected a fine of Rs11.70 lakh in the past one month, by slapping 401 challans on offenders for riding their vehicles without installing the High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) on their vehicles. Three ...
- Medicos Legal Action Group wants Medicare Act in Chandigarh - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : Medicos Legal Action Group (MLAG) on Tuesday demanded adoption and notification of "Medicare Service Personnel and Medicare Service Institution (Prevention of Violence and Damage to Property) Act" in the city. Dr Neeraj Nagpal ...
- Chandigarh police arrest fraudster - Business Standard
After a free run over the past few months duping people in Haryana posing first as an army officer and later as a senior policeman, a youth landed in the Chandigarh police's net, officials said Monday. Police booked imposter Ravi Kant for cheating and ...
- UK says it advised India on Bluestar - Chandigarh Tribune
The British government has confirmed the authenticity of official documents of 1984 that say a Special Services (SAS) adviser was sent to New Delhi to offer military advice before the storming of the Golden Temple that year. But UK Foreign Secretary ...
- 4th February, 2014
- Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh set to sign agreement on tricity Metro project - Hindustan Times
Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh will sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) related to the ambitious metro rail project at a meeting scheduled to be held in Delhi on Wednesday. Advertisement. The ministry of urban development will also take part in ...
- Chandigarh to set up Commission for Protection of Child Rights - Business Standard
"The Chandigarh Administration has decided to set up Commission for Protection of Child Rights very soon," the UT Administrator's adviser K K Sharma said at a workshop on "Media Reporting on Women and Children" here today. Experts from National ...
- Manmohan wants 2% of GDP for R&D in science - Chandigarh Tribune
Science was yet to get its 'due', said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today and emphasised that the science needed to be high in country's value system to get 'moral and material' support from entire society for its development.
- Captain of INS Airavat pays for error, removed from command - Chandigarh Tribune
The Navy has cracked the whip for committing errors at sea and has removed the Commander of INS Airavat from command after one of the propellers of the warship got damaged when it travelled down a wrong alignment near the harbour at ...
- Uttarakhand qualify for Final Round - New Kerala News
By Nilanjan Datta, New Delhi, Feb 3 : : Uttarakhand defeated Chandigarh by a solitary goal to earn a ticket into the final round of the Santosh Trophy to be played in Siliguri from later this month.
- Minimum temperatures rise across Pb & Hry - PTI News
Chandigarh, Feb 4 (PTI) The minimum temperature continued to rise across Punjab and Haryana to settle a few notches above normal today even as some places in the region received rainfall.
- Injured kids battle for life at PGI Chandigarh - Times of India
Talking from Chandigarh , Jagdish Prasad, elder brother of Jagdev Kumar, said, "The doctors attending to Krishna and Rakesh have told me that their condition is serious and they will be able to say anything about their chances of survival after 24 hours.
- BJP tried to buy me off: AAP MLA - Chandigarh Tribune
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) fears that the BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley are allegedly trying to topple the Kejriwal-led government. Madan Lal, AAP MLA from Kasturba Nagar assembly ...
- Ashutosh's body in 'freezer' - Chandigarh Tribune
The Sadhwi spoke to the media accompanied by half-a-dozen senior dera representatives, including Chandigarh -based physician, Dr Harpal, who has examined Ashutosh since he slipped into "a deep transcendental meditation." Dr Harpal said, "Ashutosh is ...
- The Tribune reigns supreme, again No. 1 in region - Chandigarh Tribune
When the circulation figures of the Tri-city ( Chandigarh , Mohali, Panchkula) were combined, The Tribune had an impressive lead over the others totalling 1,07,093 copies as compared to Hindustan Times (64,392) and The Times of India (46,163). Back ...