- 2nd August, 2020 The Indian Express
- Chandigarh: Big Bazar directed to pay Rs 18k fine for charging Rs 48, Rs 12 for two carry bags
In its written statement, Big Bazar pleaded that the amount was rightfully charged from the complainant for the carry bag as the same was displayed in the store, and the complainant had consented to be given a carry bag for an additional charge.
- July saw less than normal rain, IMD says Chandigarh expected to receive about 200 mm rainfall in August
“Monsoon will continue till September. Though there has been less than normal rain in July, August will have quality rainfall,” said Surender Paul, IMD Director, Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh: Racing car hits bike, rams into IAS officer?s house
Sources said accused driver Piyush Thakur mentioned his residential address of Sector 51 at GMCH-32 but later corrected it to Sector 23. He will be arrested shortly.
- At Bhavan Vidyalaya: Chandigarh?s specially - abled ace virtual learning
The school ensures that at least two interactive learning sessions are conducted for the students in a week, enabling them to continue their education online.
- Medical students panic as KCGMC, Karnal, and PGIMER, Rohtak, call them for practical classes
Students are questioning the move of the two medical institutes claiming there are no clear guidelines from the Medical Council of India (MCI), a regulatory body of all medical institutes.
- 1st August, 2020 The Indian Express
- Chandigarh cops? salary accounts be audited by CAG: Police dept
A fact-finding probe has already indicted six policemen in the case, including former police official Balwinder Kumar, the then Salary Branch in-charge.
- Tree Plantation Day: Special children plant trees in Chandigarh
The special children were motivated to plant a small plant in a pot or in their garden, and send their pictures while planting them.
- One death, 35 new Covid - 19 cases recorded in Chandigarh
The deceased had a history of acute abdominal pain, radiating to the back, but had not suffered from fever, cough or any co-morbid conditions.
- Chandigarh: You are not only fighting Covid - 19, but also the system, say patients about their emotionally draining coronavirus experience
It’s been a testing time for Ravneet Dhaliwal, whose father, a frontline worker, started showing symptoms of the coronavirus on July 3 and was referred to the Government Multi Speciality Hospital, Sector 16, Chandigarh, on July 6.
- 31st July, 2020 The Indian Express
- 29th July, 2020 The Indian Express