- 25th June, 2020 Times of India
- 24th June, 2020 Times of India
- Punjab records highest Covid - 19 cases in 50 days, 8 deaths
With the surfacing of 230 fresh cases of Covid-19, Punjab on Wednesday recorded its highest single-day spike in 50 days, taking the overall tally to 4
- Chandigarh: Municipal corporation initiates road carpeting work during monsoon season
With monsoon making its presence felt in Chandigarh, the municipal corporation has initiated road carpeting work, which experts feel can be a futile exercise. The timing is the main concern, as waterlogging can spoil the freshly carpeted roads. But road repair, reconstruction work is on in various sectors of Chandigarh. Construction workers of local contractors can be seen laying gravel and layering roads with bitumen. The asphalt loses its grip during monsoon. The monsoon is expected to reach Chandigarh on June 25.
- Punjab: 2 booked for killing migrant labourer in Patiala
The police have booked two persons for killing a migrant labourer to death following an altercation near Gurudwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib in Patiala city.
- UT excise policy under HC lens
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana high court on Tuesday issued a notice to the UT administration on a plea alleging its excise policy has led to comp.
- Chandigarh: Rs 7.5 crore for Sector 9 liquor vend at which shots were fired
The liquor vend at Sector 9 internal market at which were shots were fired in the first week of June went for the highest bid of Rs 7.56 crore against
- Punjab: Key accused in recruiting of radical Sikhs in NIA custody
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday produced a key member of a gang allegedly involved in recruiting radical Sikh youths before special
- Multani's kin plea aims to scandalise court: Punjab ex - DGP
Former Punjab DGP Sumedh Singh Saini&#x27;s counsel H S Dhanoa on Tuesday opposed the transfer application filed in the court of additional district and se
- Farmers speed up sowing as monsoon approaches Punjab, Haryana
With the India Meteorological Department (IMD) stating on Tuesday that the southwest monsoon is expected to advance to parts of Punjab and Haryana ove
- Allow dine - in till 9.30pm, say Mohali eatery owners
Restaurant and hotel owners on Tuesday welcomed the Punjab government&#x27;s move to allow dine-in facility but demanded food be served till 9.30pm instead
- Ex - MLA among those booked for protesting near Bathinda thermal plant
Bathinda: Police registered a case against Shiromani Akali Dal ex-MLA Sarup Chand Singla, ex-mayor of Bathinda Municipal Corporation Balwant Rai Nath,.