- 1st February, 2020 The Indian Express
- Chandigarh: Outside PGIMER, patients flock to eat food sold by unlicensed vendors
Despite the ban on unlicensed vendors outside of relegated vending zones, illegal and unregistered vendors have been selling fruits, juices, fast food and snacks outside the gates of PGIMER.
- Chandigarh: PGIMER to hold CME on advancements in paediatric hematology oncology
The department held a press conference to mark 25 years of having a dedicated unit to treat children with cancer at the Advanced Institute of Paediatrics at PGIMER. The specialized unit will also hold the Continued Medical Education conference.
- HC notice to Chandigarh Police on plea seeking probe into police refusal to file FIR
The matter pertains to an alleged assault on a 24-year-old man in a Kajheri hotel in November last year in presence of the police official.
- Chandigarh: Juveniles to perform community service as part of one - year probation
The court directed the juveniles to perform community service with the Zila Bal Kalyan Parishad, Sector 14, Panchkula, Haryana; the Government Institute for Blind (GIB) at Barel Bhawan, Jamalpur, Awana, Ludhiana and more.
- 31st January, 2020 The Indian Express
- 30th January, 2020 The Indian Express
- Water tariff set to shoot up in Chandigarh
UT has invited suggestions and objections from citizens on the draft notification within 15 days following which the new tariff would be levied. The General House had approved the hike in December.
- Chandigarh: Cong MPs raise revenue loss, illegal sand mining, lost court cases, PPAs
The CM chaired the meeting to prepare the MPs to take up issues in the upcoming Lok Sabha session
- Chandigarh Adviser orders high - level probe, finance secretary to submit report
Parida,who is also the Chief Vigilance Officer, said that if the preliminary report is not found satisfactory, Vigilance department will step in.
- Chandigarh: Barred from using auditorium, SFS holds talk on movement against CAA in lawn
Along with the advocate, the crowd gathered in the student centre lawns, was addressed by Vishal Prasad, a student of Jamia Millia Islamia University and Jaspal Sidhu, a veteran journalist.
- Chandigarh: ?Self - styled godman? booked over rape allegation by 2 minors
According to police, Lakshyanand had told them that the complaint was a part of a “conspiracy” being hatched by a man with whom he has an ongoing financial dispute.
- Not just engineering wing: Chandigarh Smart City Ltd paid Rs 13.4 cr to consultancy firm
Firm’s services were availed even as company hired in-house experts in 2018
- 29th January, 2020 The Indian Express