- 28th June, 2020 The Indian Express
- 2017 Graft Case: Complainant alleges being threatened by 3 SHOs of Chandigarh, submits plea at CBI court
Prem Singh Bisht, a complainant in the case, has moved the application in the special CBI court of Dr Sushil Kumar Garg. The court has scheduled hearing of the matter for Monday, June 29.
- Chandigarh forum directs insurance firm to pay Rs 2.09L to woman for rejecting her claim for cancer treatment
Bimla Devi of Panchkula obtained a medi-claim policy from IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance, for herself from October 16, 2017 to October 15, 2018 and got it renewed further uptil October 2019.
- Chandigarh: HC declines pre - arrest bail to woman accused of provoking people against police in containment zone
“The petitioner prima facie acted in an irresponsible manner by not only obstructing the public servants in discharging their official duties, but due to the provocation and instigation by the petitioner, the residents of the locality indulged in unruly behaviour and pelted stones on the police,” said a single bench of the HC in the order.
- Chandigarh: Five arrested for trespass, theft, taking illegal possession of NRI?s city house
One of the three accused women, Neeraj Malhotra (45) is a Proclaimed Offender (PO) in as many as half a dozen cheque bounces cases in the Tricity.
- Chandigarh civic body to bear expenses of horticulture waste disposal in public parks
Sources said, for gaining the consent of all the stakeholders including councillor, a clause of the MoU signed between the MC and RWAs will be changed during Monday&#039;s house meeting. Around 600 public parks are being maintained by RWAs and MC jointly.
- Architects slam Chandigarh over revising Smart City plan, ask how 71 - acre land turned into deemed forest
The architects question how the area which was once proposed for commercial development turned into deemed forest.
- Chandigarh to consider restaurants? demand of serving alcohol with food after June 30
The decision to discuss the demand of the Chandigarh Hotel Owners’ Associations after June 30 was taken at the war room meeting chaired by UT administrator VP Singh Badnore.
- 27th June, 2020 The Indian Express
- Criminal complaint filed against Baba Ramdev, Patanjali Ayurved in Chandigarh court for attempt to murder, sale of adulterated drugs
The complaint has been filed by General Secretary of National Consumer Welfare Council at Chandigarh, Bikramjit Singh, seeking a case against Baba Ramdev and the Patanjali Ayurved Limited.
- Chandigarh: 50 - year - old Air Force officer found dead at office, police say suicide
The incident took place around 11.30 am. Police was informed at about 12 pm. Sources said, a police party led by SI Sarita Ray rushed to the spot and Maji was taken to GMCH-32, where doctors declared him dead.
- Chandigarh: In Special Lok Adalat at jail, 20 prisoners ordered to be released
During the Lok Adalat, two prisoners claimed to be juvenile, who were then provided legal aid for raising the same before appropriate court.
- 26th June, 2020 The Indian Express
- 25th June, 2020 The Indian Express