- 2nd September, 2020 The Indian Express
- Bars to open, night curfew lifted in Chandigarh
The Excise and Taxation dept will start issuing license fee for permission to serve liquor from September 1.
- Drug peddlers run their business under garb of chemist shops
The fact that the suspects were running chemist shops on the permit allotted to someone else puts a question mark on the functioning of the UT health department and the police has decided to take up the matter with them.
- UT effects admin reshuffle, Sarpreet Singh Gill is new Education Secy
Sarpreet Singh Gill will also be Special Secretary Health, Nodal Officer COVID, Special Secretary Finance, Special Secretary Vigilance, Special Secretary House Allotment Committee, Director Planning and Stastic, Director Local Audit Department and others.
- Sanjay Baniwal gets DGP pay scale
Sources said the promotion orders were issued from the office of Rakesh Kumar Singh, Under Secretary to Government of India. Before coming to Chandigarh, Sanjay Baniwal was serving as Special Commissioner in Delhi, which is equivalent to the rank of ADGP.
- Chandigarh: No monitoring at home, allege discharged positive patients
When contacted, Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Home who is also Health Secretary, said, "After discharge, they are to contact helpline only if they develop any symptom or need some medical advice. Frankly, most patients do not need this help after discharge."
- Chandigarh reports one death, 204 new Covid - 19 cases
While 157 tested positive by RT-PCR, 47 positive cases by Rapid-Antigen tests were also reported, with the total number of patients tested being 31,268.
- 300 aspirants sit for JEE Mains in Chandigarh and Mohali
The morning shift was from 9 am to 12 noon. The evening shift was between 3 pm and 6 pm. Computers along with seats of every aspirant were placed at a distance of at least 4 feet from each other.
- 1st September, 2020 The Indian Express
- 31st August, 2020 The Indian Express
- Chandigarh reports six deaths, 170 new cases
As many as 170 new Covid-19 positive cases were reported on August 30, taking the tally of cases in Chandigarh to 4,155, with 1,805 active cases and 52 deaths reported till now.
- Covid poses challenges for PGIMER blood bank, where 90 per cent contribution comes from voluntary donors
As the modalities regarding the bank are worked out, Prof (Dr) Rati Ram Head of Transfusion Medicine Department, PGIMER, has been deeply involved in filling in the gaps that the pandemic has caused in the regular voluntary contribution to the blood bank at the hospital.
- Chandigarh has reached its peak, says PGIMER director
The Indian Express speaks to Dr Jagat Ram, director, PGIMER, Chandigarh, who said that the city has reached its peak and extreme precautions should be taken now.
- No lockdown in Haryana from September 1: Anil Vij
Over the last fortnight, Haryana has changed its decisions on reimposing lockdown restrictions. First, the state refused to acknowledge Chandigarh Administration&#039;s request of reimposing weekend lockdown in Panchkula to curtail the increasing cases of coronavirus infections.
- 30th August, 2020 The Indian Express
- 29th August, 2020 The Indian Express