- 21st March, 2020 Times of India
- Punjab: Dhakoli man duped of Rs 7.7 lakh in property fraud
A man has been duped of Rs 7.76 lakh in the name of buying a property in Morni on Thursday. Surender Ahuja, a resident of Dhakoli, alleged that Parmod
- Coronavirus scare: 8 flights from Chandigarh suspended
Eight flights from Chandigarh, including an international one, have been suspended as a precautionary measure to check spread of coronavirus.
- Coronavirus outbreak: Haryana ties up with Google for lectures to students
Now that colleges and universities across Haryana are closed till March 31, to keep students engaged with course work, the departments of higher educa
- Punjab: Need to dig deeper to streamline mining
On March 6, 2018, a year after coming to power, Punjab CM Amarinder Singh had himself blown the lid off illegal mining, as he took photographs of illi
- 20th March, 2020 Times of India
- Coronavirus outbreak: Gatherings of over 50 banned in Chandigarh
As the number of coronavirus positive cases touched five in Chandigarh, the UT administration, to prevent and control the spread of the infection, ban
- Punjab: Gynaecologist accused of illegal abortion surrenders; arrested
Dr Poonam Bhargava, a gynaecologist at Panchkula civil hospital, accused of allegedly seeking Rs 20,000 for aborting a female foetus has surrendered f
- Coronavirus in Chandigarh: Heavy demand for masks manufactured at Burail Jail
With the demand from different quarters for masks manufactured at Burail prison increasing day-by-day in view of coronavirus outbreak, the jail admini
- Coronavirus in Chandigarh: UT administration suspends driving test till March 31
As a precautionary measure in the wake of coronavirus outbreak, the Registration and Licensing Authority (RLA) of the Chandigarh administration has su
- Covid - 19 in India: Odisha reports 2nd case, Chandigarh?s first case now stable
A second Covid-19 case was tested positive in Odisha, a 19-year-old youth who had come in contact with 46 people. 43 of those in contact have been traced. 8 teams have been constituted to trace the remaining 3. Section 144 has been imposed in more than 7 districts in Odisha. In an update from Chandigarh, the 119 people who came in contact with the state’s first positive case have been traced and placed under quarantine. The 23-year-old who had tested positive is now stable.
- Covid - 19: Teachers in Chandigarh allowed to work from home till March 31
Education News: "Teaching Staff of Schools and colleges have been allowed to work from home and may remain in touch with School and students over phone, online, socia
- Coronavirus outbreak: Haryana Congress postpones all programmes till March 31
The Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC) has postponed all its programmes in the state in view of coronavirus oubtbreak.
- Punjab health minister Balbir Singh Sidhu self - quarantines
Punjab Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu undergoes self Quarantine at his official residence in Sector 39 Chandigarh. A public notice has been pasted
- 2,200 quarantine beds, 290 ventilators available in Punjab
There are 2,200 quarantine beds ready throughout Punjab to deal with the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak. As per the official figures, there are 250 v
- Chandigarh teachers allowed to work from home till March 31
Education News: CHANDIGARH: After rolling back its earlier order of work from home on Thursday, UT education department on Friday issued an official order allowing te.
- Punjab?s second Covid - 19 positive met hundreds
Seventy-yearold Baldev Singh, who tested positive for coronavirus after his death on Wednesday morning, on his return from a two-week tour of Germany