- Panjab University student enquiry helpline gets lukewarm response
The student enquiry helpline cell received a lukewarm response on the first day as only five calls were received on these numbers which is set up by P
- Panjab University gets only one foreign application
However, in January and February, the number of foreign applicants for post graduate courses, including MA, MSc and BTech, had touched 50.
- Coronavirus outbreak in Chandigarh: Government hospitals wear deserted look
On the first day of the OPDs shut down due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all the major government hospitals in the city wore a deserted look.
- Chandigarh: 2 held with banned medicines, vials
The crime branch department of the UT police arrested two people for trying to smuggle banned medicines and injectable vials in Sector 29 on Thursday
- Coronavirus: Chandigarh?s positive case ?attended social gatherings? before hospital admission
The city’s first novel coronavirus positive case, which was confirmed on Wednesday, had come in contact with 119 persons directly and indirectly after
- Punjab: Three more Covid - 19 positive cases surface in Mohali
Three more positive cases of Covid-19 surfaced in Mohali on Saturday. All contacts of previously confirmed cases or with travel history to the UK.
- Woman shows Covid - 19 symptoms, colony in Barnala locked down
Bathinda: With a senior citizen showing Covid-19 disease symptoms after her return from Dubai nearly a fortnight ago, a residential colony in Barnala .
- Coronavirus: Demand for Burail jail masks on the rise in Chandigarh
With the rise in demand from different quarters for Burail Jail prisoners-made masks, the prison administration staff is working hard to meet the same
- Coronavirus in Chandigarh:Maids told to skip work
Scared residents have started asking their maids not to report for work in view of the outbreak of novel coronavirus. People fear that since housemaid
- Day after Covid - 19 death, Anandpur Sahib town locked down
Ropar: The district and health administration in Ropar on Friday surrounded Anandpur Sahib City and initiated a door-to-door survey of the residents c.
- Golden Temple will remain open for devotees: SGPC prez
Amritsar: While the religious places across the world are being temporarily closed to prevent Covid-19 pandemic spread, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parband.
- Punjab allows govt buses to ply on select routes
Chandigarh: The Punjab transport department has exempted PRTC, Punbus and Punjab Roadways from the ban prohibiting movement of all public service vehi.
- Direct Indian mission to help NRI Punjabis: SAD chief to PM
Chandigarh: SAD president Sukhbir Badal has urged the Prime Minister to ensure that NRIs, especially Punjabis, feel that their country of origin is st.
- Rumours, panic trigger stockpiling
Prime minister Narendra Modi’s call on Thursday to observe a “Janta curfew” on Sunday, coupled by fear of shortage in supplies due to the coronavirus .
- CM: Report neighbours returning from abroad
Chandigarh: Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh on Friday asked deputy commissioners (DCs) and SSPs to chalk out a comprehensive strategy for the co.