- 24th February, 2022 The Tribune
- 10 cops shifted from Panchkula
In a major reshuffle, 10 inspectors, including in-charge police stations, of the Panchkula police have been transferred out of the district.
- Sippy murder case: Court tells CBI to expedite probe, file fresh report
Special Judicial Magistrate, CBI, Chandigarh, Inderjeet Singh today directed the CBI to expedite the investigation into the murder of Sukhmanpreet Singh Sidhu, alias Sippy, and file a fresh report.
- Transformer stolen in Panchkula
Panchkula: A 200 kVA capacity power transformer worth Rs2.50 lakh has been stolen from the old dumping ground site in Sector 23. The matter came to light on February 19 when MC officials visited the site. On a complaint of Assistant Engineer (E) SK Geva, a case has been registered under Section 379
- Plot to murder immigration consultant: 3 more held with pistol in Mohali
The police have arrested three more suspects in connection with the murder bid on a Mohali-based immigration consultant on February 15. A pistol and five rounds have been recovered from them.
- One death, 25 Covid cases in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The city reported 25 cases of Covid on Wednesday, taking the overall tally to 91,633. A 72-year-old woman from Dadu Majra, a case of kidney disease, type-2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension, died due to the virus at Indus Super Speciality Hospital in Mohali. She was not vaccinated again
- 37 illegal colonies in Zirakpur face action
The Mohali administration is set to take action against unauthorised colonies which have not taken the final certificate after their one-year deadline expired. An official said the registration of ownership of houses in 37 such housing colonies in and around Zirakpur could be put on hold.
- 16th Punjab Vidhan Sabha to elect five Rajya Sabha members
The 16th Punjab Vidhan Sabha, once it is constituted after the results are declared on March 10, will have the onerous task of immediately electing five members to represent the state in the Upper House.
- Wanted drug smuggler killed in Canada
Wanted drug smuggler Sarbjit Singh Sander was found murdered in Langley, Canada, on February 10, central and state security agencies confirmed today.
- AAP writes to Punjab EC, seeks 3 - tier security system of EVMs
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday wrote to the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Punjab, demanding that EVMs should be monitored under a three-layered security system to remove the possibility of tampering.
- Chandigarh on edge, but no cuts for VIP areas, power staff
Various parts of VIP sectors and the housing colony of employees of the Electricity Department in Sector 28 enjoyed uninterrupted power supply when the remaining city was at the receiving end.
- Strike ends, blackout over, people?s ordeal too in Chandigarh
Nearly 40 hours after the city plunged into darkness, the UT Powermen Union withdrew its 72-hour strike midway after signing an agreement with the UT Administration this evening.
- State duty - bound to protect life: Punjab and Haryana High Court
State duty - bound to protect life: Punjab and Haryana High Court
- After ?Kacha Badam?, guava seller set to roll out yet another trend; people said - let?s start making reel
&lsquo;Kacha Badam&rsquo; seems to have a new challenger&mdash;a viral song from an elderly guava seller.
- 23rd February, 2022 The Tribune
- No headway in twin murder case
Eight days after the bodies of two women were found dumped near Koti tunnel along the Parwanoo-Dharampur section of National Highway-5, the police are yet to establish the motive behind the murders.
- Power restored in parts of Chandigarh
After a day of trouble, electricity supply has been restored in some parts of the city.