- 31st October, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh to take up issue in CHCC meet
Amid the debate over the construction of a seven feet high wall around the premises of heritage building of Punjab and Haryana High Court for security reasons, the UT Administration is likely to take up the issue in Chandigarh Heritage Conservation Committee&rsquo;s meeting.
The security committee of
- 30th October, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 29th October, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 24th October, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Three - day 42nd Annual Chandigarh Sangeet Sammelan from Nov 1
The three-day 42nd Annual Chandigarh Sangeet Sammelan will begin on Friday. Being organised by Indian National Theatre in collaboration with the Durga Das Foundation.
The music festival will be hld in the auditorium of Strawberry Fields High School in Sector 26 here.
- Chandigarh Smart City Limited kicks off e - governance project
To provide 27 online citizens services in the city, the Chandigarh Smart City Limited (CSCL)&nbsp; has kicked off its ambitious e-governance project.
An agreement has been signed with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) by Chandigarh Smart City Limited for implementation of e-governance services. The
- 3rd October, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh mulls mandatory installation of QR code
The Chandigarh Administration is mulling the mandatory installation of QR (quick response) code in city&rsquo;s auto rickshaws and taxis for the safety of commuters especially women.
The QR code will help the commuters to get details of the driver, vehicle and also, to contact the Police Department in
- 2nd October, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Excise Dept imposes penalty on hotel, bar in Chandigarh
The Chandigarh Excise and Taxation Department has slapped a penalty of Rs 2 lakh on Hotel Park Plaza, Sector 17 here and Rs 1 lakh penalty on Ministry of Bar Exchange in Elante Mall, Industrial Area Phase I here. The UT Assistant Excise and Taxation Commissioner Rakesh Popli issued an order in this
- 29th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 19th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Key projects approved for Chandigarh
In a bid to provide 24x7 water supply to the city residents, the Chandigarh Administration has submitted the detailed project report (DPR) costing Rs 440 crore to the Department of Economic Affairs, Union Government.
The Board of Directors of CSCL which met under the chairmanship of Manoj Parida,
- 18th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 14th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Steep traffic fines figure in meeting of Chandigarh Advisory Council
The members of UT Administrator&rsquo;s Advisory Council on Friday raised concern over the exorbitant penalty under the Motor Vehicle (Amendment), Act 2019 and urged the Chandigarh Administration to reduce the penalties under the new rules.
The issue was raised during the first meeting of the newly
- 12th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh launches plastic free campaign
The UT Administration and the civic body on Wednesday launched &ldquo;Plastic Free Chandigarh&rdquo; campaign here.
Under the campaign, various activities would be organised across the city to encourage the citizens to completely discard the usage of plastic.
&nbsp;Manoj Kumar Parida, adviser to the UT
- 11th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 7th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh launches Anaemia free campaign
The UT Administration on Friday launched the Mission - Anemia free Chandigarh. For this, a 6x6x6 strategy i.e. 6 beneficiaries, 6 interventions and 6 institutional services will be implemented in the city.
Punjab Governor and UT Administrator VP Singh Badnore launched the mission at the State
- 6th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh to get new tourist attractions
The City Beautiful will get three new attractions namely Rashi Van, Nakshatra Van and Navagraha Van by the end of this year.
For, the UT Department of Forest and Wildlife is developing these three small groves in Nagar Van on the lines of such similar gardens in Daman and Diu and Goa. These three