- Chandigarh: In U - turn, BJP - ruled municipal corporation passes agenda to slash water tariff
Just a few months after the Chandigarh municipal corporation approved hike in water tariff, BJP councillors passed an agenda, slashing water supply c
- Patiala man hurt in firing, Rs 25,000 snatched
A resident of Sanour in Patiala district, Jarnail Singh, who sells vegetable in Ambala vegetable market, was shot at by three miscreants on NH-44, who
- Chandigarh: Residents take up delay in fixing of prepaid meters with JERC
Residents opposing fixed charges in power tariff raised the issue of delay in installation of prepaid metres and staff shortage in the UT electricity
- Chandigarh taps private sector for 69MW solar energy target by 2022
The UT administration is all set to introduce the Renewable Energy Service Company Model (Resco) model in the city to tap solar energy on private resi
- Chandigarh: Jewel thief strikes at Sector 30 house
A miscreant broke into a house of account manager of a factory in Sector 30 and decamped with gold jewellery, a mobile phone, laptop and Rs 6,000 cash
- Yamunanagar student held guilty of principal's murder
A special court for heinous crimes against women and children on Tuesday held a then Class XII student of a Yamunanagar school guilty of the murder of
- Ex - serviceman foils bank robbery bid in Bhiwani
Rohtak: A 65-year-old former Indian Army soldier on Monday foiled a robbery attempt by two men at Bhiwani’s Ratera village branch of the Punjab Nation.
- 4 rob Tarn Taran dera of Rs 1cr
Tarn Taran: Four armed men allegedly robbed Tarn Taran-based Dera Kar Sewa Baba Jeevan Singh of Rs 1 crore after in injuring its cashier Baba Mohinder.
- Hindu leader?s brother killed in Batala
Batala: Brother of a Hindu leader in Batala town of Gurdaspur district was stabbed to death on Tuesday morning.
- Special grants to cow shelters for rehabilitating stray cattle: Minister
Chandigarh: Haryana agriculture and farmers’ welfare minister Jai Parkash Dalal on Tuesday said concrete steps were being taken to tackle stray cattle.
- Ending DEd course in DIETs hurting economically weaker students hardest
Chandigarh: Withdrawal of the diploma in education (DEd) or junior basic training (JBT) course from the district institutes of education and training .
- Punjab assembly wants passport condition for Pak corridor waived
Chandigarh: Punjab Assembly on Tuesday passed a resolution to urge the Centre to ask Pakistan to do away with the condition of a valid passport for de.
- 18 Pb & Hry cities among most polluted in world
Bathinda: A total of 18 cities from Punjab and Haryana figure in the 200 most polluted places in the world in terms of air quality.
- Compile progress report on green tribunal directions: Union Territories to departments
The UT administration has issued directions to different wings and departments, including UT engineering wing, Chandigarh municipal corporation and Ch
- Over 927 acre shamlat land sold in last 8 years
Chandigarh: Over 927 acres of shamlat land (village common land) of various panchayats across Punjab has been sold to private individuals between 2012.