- 17th November, 2020 Times Now
- 2nd November, 2020 Times Now
- 23rd October, 2020 Times Now
- 13th October, 2020 Times Now
- 3rd October, 2020 Times Now
- 22nd September, 2020 Times Now
- Schools reopen partially in Chandigarh; ten students allowed to attend class | Ground Report
After getting directions and orders, the schools are opened here in Chandigarh. Students did not turn up despite the school claimed that around 20 parents had already given consent for allowing their kids to attend classes. Adequate arrangements had been made by the school as first they monitor temperature at the gate entry then hand sanitization machine had been installed where students would sanitize their hands. After that only 10 students are allowed to attend the class at a social distance.Interestingly, the teachers say that it will be a new experience but it appeared that parents are still conscious of COVID 19 and maybe there is a need to motivate them.. for taking precaution, the whole school building was sanitized and special arrangements were made to take care of health safety of the students.
- 11th September, 2020 Times Now
- Chandigarh: BJP Youth Wing comes in support of Kangana Ranaut; condemns actions of Maharashtra Govt
The Bharatiya Janata Party youth wing in Chandigarh, Punjab has come into the support of Bollywood actor Kangna Ranaut and condemned the Maharashtra Government's vendetta action against her. They say that the way the Maharashtra government has demolished Kangana Ranaut's house that is not acceptable.Moreover, they made an effigy of Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and burnt it. The BJP youth leaders blocked the road at sector 33-34 and held a protest in favour of Kangna Ranaut. They were also chanting slogans in support of Kangana Ranaut and even chanted slogans against Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.Times Now correspondent Gurpreet Singh Chhina brings more details.
- 7th September, 2020 Times Now
- 29th August, 2020 Times Now
- 28th August, 2020 Times Now
- Congress held a protest in Chandigarh sector 35 against NEET and JEE exams
Chandigarh Congress held a protest in Chandigarh sector 35 against NEET and JEE exams. They say that the way cases are going up in the country, it is need of the hour to take care of students safety but the government is adamant to conduct these exams. So raising their voice in favour of students, Congress held agitation against the government. Talking about concerns of life of students, they said that exams should be immediately postponed.The students have been protesting online for days now, with the government not paying heed to their demands. The congress party is also mulling moving the Supreme Court against the decision of the government.
- 25th August, 2020 Times Now
- 20th August, 2020 Times Now
- 12th August, 2020 Times Now
- 31st July, 2020 Times Now
- Chandigarh: UT Administration to not lift night curfew amid spike in COVID - 19 cases
In a bid to curb the sharp increase in the number of Coronavirus cases in Chandigarh, the administration of the Union Territory may not lift the night curfew as per the guidelines of Unlock 3.0 issued by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs. In fact, the Chandigarh administration is also considering extension in the timing of night curfew.So far the Union Territory has recorded almost 1000 cases of Coronavirus. According to the administrative officials, the imposed curfew was seen being violated maximum in the night time, which is why they are mulling to extend the lockdown and curfew time at night.