- Sidhu Moosewala murder: Mansa police arrest villager who ?conducted recce? of Punjabi singer during assembly polls
The Mansa police have arrested a resident of Ralla village in the district and started investigating his links with gangsters Lawrence Bishnoi and Goldy Brar in connection with the Sidhu Moosewala murder case.
- Haryana municipal polls on Sunday; 289 polling booths declared ?sensitive?, 235 ?hyper - sensitive'
Polling to Haryana&#39;s 28 municipal committees and 18 municipal councils will be held on Sunday. The results will be declared on June 22.
- AAP government getting Punjab out of financial crisis by eliminating mafias: Harpal Singh Cheema
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has been campaigning vigorously for the by-polls in Sangrur Lok Sabha seat, which fell vacant following the resignation of Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann as a Member of Parliament. AAP is holding nothing back in its stronghold Sangrur with Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann&rsquo;s
- Give chance to youth who cleared physical test to appear in written exam instead of implementing Agnipath: CM Bhagwant Mann urges Centre
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Saturday said those youth who had cleared physical test in last two years must be to given a chance to appear in written exam for joining Army instead of implementation of Agnipath scheme.
- Agnipath protests LIVE Updates: More protests in Haryana, damage caused in Ludhiana railway station; Railways cancels several trains
The protests against the Agnipath scheme continued in Haryana with some youths setting a vehicle on fire outside Mahendergarh railway station on Saturday while a group of over 50 agitators barged inside Ludhiana railway station in Punjab causing damage to property.
- Rain brings respite from heat in Haryana, Punjab; temperature dips
Many places in Haryana and Punjab registered a drop in maximum temperature on Saturday after rain lashed both the states a day ago, MeT department here said.
- State of hospitals: At Chandigarh's GMCH Emergency, patient footfall 3 - time the bed count
At the Emergency block of the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, patients lay on the trolleys lined up in open hall with drips hanging from a hook on a pillar. In the absence of adequate beds for patients, doctors decide which patient needs medical supervision on bed and whic
- DGCA moves to reduce rest time between duty cycles of air traffic controllers
Revising the duty time limitations and rest requirements for air traffic controllers, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has proposed to cut down the interval time between two consecutive shifts.
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar tells officials to check tax evasion in mandis
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has directed officials of the Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board to take effective steps to check evasion of tax in mandis.
- Punjab CM Mann condemns terror attack on gurdwara in Kabul, calls it ?barbaric and cowardly act?
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Saturday condemned the barbaric and gruesome attack at a gurdwara in Kabul by the terrorists.
- Illegal construction in four Chandigarh Housing Board units razed
The Chandigarh Housing Board (CHB) demolished encroachment on public land and fresh unauthorised constructions in four dwelling units at Ram Darbar here today.
- Mercury in Chandigarh dips further
The maximum temperature in the city on Friday further dropped by six degrees. The day temperature came down to 31.6&deg;C from Thursday&rsquo;s 37&deg;C. It was seven degrees below normal. The minimum temperature dropped to 21.7&deg;C, four degrees below normal, from 24.7&deg;C. The city saw 12.1 mm