- Waste collectors start signing pact with MC
Chandigarh: Soon, door-to-door garbage collection with twin-bin vehicles will begin in the southern sectors and the remaining parts of the city, as th.
- Punjabi music loses its Sikander
Patiala/Jalandhar: Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died of post-Covid multiple-organ failure at the age of 60 on Wednesday morning at a private hospit.
- In Kaithal, protesters strip over DC?s absence
Kaithal/Jind: When Kaithal deputy commissioner Sujan Singh didn’t reach the spot to receive a memorandum from farmers who were observing ‘daman virodh.
- Morcha gives call to celebrate Guru Ravidas birth anniversary
Jalandhar: Sanyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) has announced to celebrate Guru Ravidas’s birth anniversary at Singhu border on February 27 and also urged the .
- Cabinet nod for policy to build over 25,000 houses for EWS
Chandigarh: The Punjab cabinet meeting on Wednesday approved a policy for construction of over 25,000 houses for the economically weaker section (EWS).
- Coming soon: Green tax to enter Lahaul
Manali: Tourists entering Lahaul valley will have to pay a green cess soon as Lahaul-Spiti administration is planning to impose environmental compensa.
- At protest sites, unions mark day against repression
Bathinda: Farmer unions observed an ‘anti-repression day’ on Wednesday across their protest sites on the Delhi borders and in Punjab to oppose the arr.
- 49,41,952 enrolled under Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojna
Chandigarh: To extend the secondary and tertiary healthcare services under Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojna (SSBY), Punjab government has issued 49,41,952 e-ca.
- Big benefits of farm movement so far
Jalandhar: The final fate of the farmers’ movement, notwithstanding extremely negative propaganda against it before and after January 26 events, is st.
- Capt announces open - ended minibus permit policy, distributes 3,000 permits
Chandigarh: Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh on Wednesday announced an ‘open-ended minibus permit policy’ with no deadline for rural youth to app.
- Applications sought for 7th batch at MBAFPI
Chandigarh: The Mai Bhago Armed Forces Preparatory Institute (MBAFPI) for girls in Mohali has invited applications from the aspirants for admission in.
- Disciplinary action against UT cops not taking jabs as per list
Chandigarh: Amid fresh spike in Covid-19 cases in the country, the UT police department has ordered strict disciplinary action against the personnel n.
- ASI, head constable nabbed for accepting Rs 20k bribe
Chandigarh: Punjab vigilance bureau on Wednesday nabbed an assistant sub inspector and a head constable, both posted at police station Jalandhar Canto.
- ASI?s SUV lifted from police HQ parking lot
Chandigarh: Thieves stole an SUV of a Chandigarh Police assistant sub-inspector (ASI) from the rear parking lot of UT police headquarters on Tuesday e.
- Shahpurkandi dam: Govt signs pact to build power houses
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Wednesday signed an agreement with a private company for the construction of power houses in Shahpurkandi dam pro.