- Theft at jewellery shop, couple booked
A couple has been booked for committing a theft at a jewellery store in Sector 22, on multiple occasions by posing as customer.
- Prof Lal reviews progress of PGI satellite centre project at Una
PGI Director Prof Vivek Lal visited the institute&rsquo;s satellite centre site at Una to review the project.
- Road in Makhan Majra source of daily harassment for residents, commuters
The gurdwara road in Makhan Majra is a big source of daily harassment for the area residents and other commuters using the stretch.
- High Court issues notice on plea alleging tailor - made criterion
Acting on a petition alleging tailor-made criterion for running duty paid liquor shops at the Chandigarh International Airport, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has permitted the present contractor to continue and operate for the time being. &ldquo;No adverse order shall be passed without the permi
- CTU to hire 20 buses for intercity operations under km scheme
The Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) has decided to hire 20 AC diesel buses for intercity operations on a km basis.
- Congress men protest against Agnipath
The city units of the Congress, the Youth Congress and the NSUI today flayed the recently launched Agnipath scheme by the Ministry of Defence, wherein youth from 17.5 years to 21 years (now 23 years) of age will be recruited in the armed forces on a four-year contractual basis.
- Sector 26 club win opening tie of hockey meet
The SGGS Hockey Club, Sector 26, defeated Wanderers Club 5-1 in the opening match of the Chandigarh State Hockey Championship.
- Water supply to be hit tomorrow
Chandigarh: There will be no evening water supply in some sectors on June 20 due to repair work. According to the MC, owing to work to replace flow sensors at the waterworks, Sector 32, there will be no evening water supply to Sectors 20 C and D, 21 C and D, 31, 32, 33, 34, 44, 45, 46 and 47; Indust
- Chandigarh Administrator to preside over Yoga Day event on June 21
The UT Administration will celebrate the 8th International Day of Yoga at Rock Garden, Phase-III, on June 21 on the theme &lsquo;Yoga for Humanity&rsquo;.
- Chandigarh sees coldest June day in 9 yrs
Continuous cloudy and rainy weather since June 15 made today the coldest June day after 2013.
- Woman killed, 3 hurt in mishap on Chandigarh - Hoshiarpur road
A woman was killed and three of her relatives were seriously injured in a head-on collision between a car and a Punjab Roadways bus near Tutomjara village on the Chandigarh-Hoshiarpur main road on Saturday.
- An alibi which did not hold water
Kalyani Singh, an accused in the murder case of national-level shooter and advocate Sukhmanpreet Singh Sidhu, aka Sippy Sidhu, had an alibi that she, along with her family, had attended a birthday party on the evening of September 20 when Sippy was shot dead. However, as per the CBI investigation, h
- Shot in the arm for city cyclist
Reet Kapoor from the city got a major shot in the arm as the Indian Cycling team won the silver medal in the 41st Senior and 28th Junior Asian Track Cycling Championship in New Delhi today.
- Delhi resident booked for ?hitting? woman
The police have booked Sikander Behl, a resident of Delhi, for thrashing a woman in a room of the Hyatt hotel, Industrial Area, Phase I, here. The complainant, also a resident of Delhi, has alleged that the suspect thrashed her in the hotel room on June 12.
- Chandigarh daily cases 64
The city witnessed 64 fresh cases of Covid on Saturday. While no new fatality was reported, 37 more persons recovered from the disease. &mdash; TNS