- 4th September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- As deadline slipped, SC notice gathered dust in files of Chandigarh MC
The revelation comes three days after the Supreme Court (SC) imposed a construction ban in Chandigarh on August 31 for its failure to notify the rules, and handed the municipal corporation (MC) a Rs 3-lakh fine. It was this lack of seriousness that no ...
- Chandigarh's business hubs favourite target of snatchers: Police data
Snatchers have increasingly been targeting the busiest sectors in Chandigarh's business centres as more number of people gives them an opportunity to strike and flee within a few moments, taking the victim and others around by surprise. A look at the ...
- Chandigarh's Anjum earns Olympic quota for India
Chandigarh City's Anjum Moudgil and Jaipur's Apurvi Chandela have become the first Indian shooters to secure berths in the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. The quota places came after Moudgil won silver, while Chandela finished fourth, in the 10m air rifle ...
- 3rd September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 2nd September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- Chandigarh's heart becomes tippler's paradise
Cracking the whip on public drinking in the City Beautiful, the Chandigarh police have registered 542 cases for consumption of liquor at public places and have apprehended 590 offenders in the past three months. The figures released by the police ...
- Supreme Court bans construction works in Chandigarh
The Supreme Court has banned construction activities in Chandigarh and three other states after they failed to frame a policy on solid waste management, despite court directions. The order was issued after additional solicitor general AS Nadkarni ...
- 1st September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 57% milk samples failed quality test in Chandigarh
A total of 734 milk samples out of 1,275 tested at the Mobile Food Safety Lab of Chandigarh from April 2016 to July 2018 were found of substandard quality. Adulteration was found in one sample, revealed the data of the UT health department. Also, out ...
- 31st August, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 30th August, 2018 Hindustan Times