- CM Bhagwant Mann opposes converting Panjab University into Central varsity
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Sunday sought the intervention of Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan to prevent any change in the nature and character of the Panjab University in Chandigarh.
- Watch Bhagwant Mann stops his SUV during Sangrur bypoll roadshow to listen to 'Agnipath' protester. Know what he said to Punjab CM
The Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday tweeted a video showing Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann greeting people during a roadshow for Sangrur bypoll.
- Sippy Sidhu murder case: Chandigarh court extends CBI custody of Kalyani Singh by 2 days
A local court on Sunday extended the CBI custody of Kalyani Singh, accused in the national-level shooter and advocate Sukhmanpreet Singh Sidhu, aka Sippy Sidhu, murder case, by two days.
- MoU for Mental Wellness
Jalandhar: A memorandum of understanding was signed between Lyallpur Khalsa College (LKC) and Heartfulness Educational Trust (HET). The MoU was signed by Dr Gurpinder Singh Samra, Principal LKC and Prof Dr OP Katare, Practitioner and Trainer, HET. The MoU is aimed to promote mental well being learni
- Applications invited for voluntary teaching in Chandigarh government schools
Applications invited for voluntary teaching in Chandigarh government schools
- Voting for 18 municipal councils, 28 municipalities under way in Haryana
Voting for 18 municipal councils and 28 municipalities was underway on Sunday in Haryana with the counting of ballots scheduled for June 22.
- Sidhu Moosewala case: Suspect Santosh Jadhav tells Pune police he was in Gujarat on the day of killing
Santosh Jadhav, a suspect in the May 29 killing of renowned Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala, has told police he was in Gujarat and not in Punjab on the day the latter was gunned down, a senior official said on Saturday.
- Bring resolution against scheme, demands Partap Bajwa
Leader of Opposition in the Vidhan Sabha Partap Bajwa on Saturday urged the state government to bring a resolution against the Agnipath scheme during the upcoming session of the Assembly.
- Production warrant for accused
Special investigation team (SIT) has brought here the main accused in the extortion case from the Ambala jail to interrogate him about the recovery of an illegal pistol.
- Scheme betrayal of youth, Army: Mohali Dy Mayor
The local unit of the Congress today slammed the BJP-led Central government for the Agnipath scheme floated to recruit youth for four years in the Army. The party termed it as a big betrayal of the youth of the country.
- Voting for 31 wards of Kalka Municipal Council today
The voting for 31 wards of Kalka Municipal Council will start at 7 am will continue till 6 pm on Sunday.
- Ensure safety of Sikhs in Kabul: Bhagwant Mann to PM Modi
Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann today condemned the attack at a gurdwara in Kabul by the terrorists.
- Licence of immigration firm suspended
The district administration today suspended the licence of an immigration company, M/s Victoria Guidelines (OPC) Private Limited, for 90 days after a complaint was received by the authorities concerned against the company. The firm, which has its office in Phase 11 here, has a licence till October 3
- Court stays recovery of Rs 5.89 crore from mining contractor
A local court has ordered to keep in abeyance the recovery of Rs 5. 89 crore, along with interest, from a mining contractor of Ropar district till July 4, the next date of hearing.
- Budding classical artistes captivate audience
To promote and preserve Indian classical arts and provide platform to young and emerging artistes, Prachin Kala Kendra organised a special musical programme &ldquo;Surotal Sussajjit Sandhya&rdquo; in which five budding artistes Ujjvala Murugan, Suhani Sharma Padmakar Kashyap, Riya Aggarwal and Shrad