- 30th March, 2020 India Today
- 28th March, 2020 India Today
- Coronavirus in India Live Updates: New cases in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Chandigarh
With a massive surge in the number of confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, India enters day four of the 21-day nationwide lockdown enforced by the central government to soften the blow of the Covid-19 pandemic in India. As of March 28, the total number of confirmed cases of the infection in India stands at 830, including 67 patients who were treated or discharged after testing positive and 20 who have reportedly succumbed to it. Across the globe, Covid-19 has claimed close to 27,000 lives, infecting over 586,000 people. While the United States of America (USA) is leading with the most number of confirmed cases, Italy has witnessed one-third of the total number of casualties.
- 5 new Covid - 19 positive cases in Punjab, 1 more tests positive in Chandigarh
The person who has tested positive is a 22-year-old man and has been admitted to Government Medical College and Hospital Sector 32
- 26th March, 2020 India Today
- 25th March, 2020 India Today
- 24th March, 2020 India Today
- 23rd March, 2020 India Today
- 22nd March, 2020 India Today
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: Chandigarh reports fresh case as India observes Janta Curfew
Coronavirus LIVE updates: India observes unprecedented shutdown &#039;Janta Curfew&#039;, called by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, today in a bid to slow the spread of novel coronavirus cases in the country. Over 300 people have been tested positive for Covid-19 in India so far. With the number of positive cases surging across the globe, governments are leaving no stones unturned to facilitate conditions for social distancing with closure of schools, colleges, restaurants, malls and public places. Meanwhile, UN chief Antonio Guterres warned that a global recession, "perhaps of record dimensions", was a near certainty.
- 21st March, 2020 India Today
- 20th March, 2020 India Today
- 19th March, 2020 India Today
- First Covid - 19 case in Chandigarh, spike in cases in Telangana, more
India&#039;s tally of 170 also includes three deaths reported from Delhi, Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- Coronavirus in India: With fresh cases in Andhra, Chandigarh, total rises to 170
The confirmed number of coronavirus positive cases in India increased to 170 after fresh cases were reported in Andhra Pradesh and Chandigarh.
- Breaking News Updates: Nepal under lockdown, all schools, colleges shut over coronavirus fears
This India Today blog brings to you the latest news from across India and the world. Find all news updates from across the country and world as they break.
- Cornavirus Live Updates: Positive case in Chandigarh takes India's tally to 170; Italy sees 475 deaths in a day
Cornavirus news Live Updates: The number of novel coronavirus infections is increasing rapidly on a daily basis in India with confirmed cases rising to 170 and three reported deaths. Board exams have been called off in the wake of the health crisis while Section 144 has been imposed in some states including Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. Italy saw 475 new deaths from the novel coronavirus, the highest one-day official toll of any nation since the first case was detected in China late last year. In USA, two US lawmakers have been confirmed positive of the coronavirus as the number of deaths due to the deadly virus crossed 150 in America, while about 10,000 people have been infected. The epicentre of the country&#039;s coronavirus outbreak, Wuhan, reported no new infections for the first time, while imported cases surged by a record, led by new infections in Beijing. For the latest on coronavirus pandemic, stay tuned to IndiaToday.in.
- Coronavirus in India: Chandigarh reports 1st case, patient returned from London
A 23-year old woman who returned from London this weekend showed symptoms on Monday and later tested positive for Covid-19. She&#039;s been quarantined.