- 10th September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- Car rental duped of vehicles by customers in Chandigarh
In what appears to be a strategy drawn out of a con artist movie, two persons allegedly duped a car rental company of two vehicles by posing as customers. The two persons had hired the cars from the company, 'Carzonrent' in November 2017 but a year ...
- 9th September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 8th September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- '50% CCTV cameras at paid parking lots in Chandigarh non - functional'
The latest inspection by Chandigarh municipal corporation's (MC) parking branch revealed that 155 out of 325 (47.6%) CCTV cameras installed across the 25 paid parking lots are not working. This is in violation of the agreement by the Mumbai based Arya ...
- Now, get Tatkal passport appointment in two days at Chandigarh Kendra
Now, people opting for the service will get the appointment at Chandigarh Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and at Ambala in two days and in Ludhiana it will take just a day, said regional passport officer (RPO) Sibash Kabiraj. Earlier, people applying under ...
- Goldsmith kidnapped, robbed of jewellery, cash at gunpoint in Chandigarh
A gang of robbers kidnapped a goldsmith and took away his jewellery, scooter and cash at gunpoint in Sector 53 Chandigarh on Thursday night. They later released the victim in Maloya's forest area. According to the police, the victim, Sunil Polley, is a ...
- Supreme Court verdict on Section 377 gives way to celebrations in Chandigarh
As soon as the Supreme Court struck down Section 377 on Thursday, there were celebrations in the LGBTQI community in the city. The apex court decriminalised consensual gay sex and people welcomed the historic verdict warmly. The joy was evident on ...
- 7th September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 6th September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 5th September, 2018 Hindustan Times
- Helmet rule: Women riders beware! Chandigarh police to challan violators from today
The Chandigarh traffic police will start issuing challans to women found riding two-wheelers without helmet from Wednesday. The amended Chandigarh Motor Vehicle Rules notified on July 6 exempt only turbaned Sikh women from wearing helmets, unlike ...
- Chandigarh's Sector 50 - 51: Forging friendships under the Kikkar trees
Today it's the famous Kikkar Park of the Chandigarh's south. ?We wait for the Kikkar flower. It is one of the main attractions of this newly-born sector,? says Sushmita Bhardwaj, a resident of BJ Apartments. D S Sandhu, an octogenarian who was out for ...
- Mercury up by 5 notches in Chandigarh, light rain likely in coming days
Pleasant weather conditions continued in the tricity as light showers were witnessed throughout the day on Tuesday. The Indian Meteorological Department's observatory in Sector 39 recorded 12.1mm of rain on Tuesday morning while in the evening, ...
- Chandigarh's Sector 21: They dwell with parrots here
These birds, experts say, have been living here even before Chandigarh was born. ?They are natural habitants of the place. They have neither been brought from some other place, nor are they migratory birds,? says MS Sekhon, president of the Chandigarh ...
- 4th September, 2018 Hindustan Times