- 6th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh Police arrests absconding criminal
The Chandigarh Police has arrested absconding criminal named Vipin Kumar alias Karan, who was booked under crimes including kidnapping, extortion, theft among others.
Vipin (22), a bail jumper was absconding in a case registered in 2018 under Sections 364A, 382,&nbsp; 386,&nbsp; 387, 212,
- 30th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 28th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Mobile phone use by prisoners now a criminal offence in Chandigarh
Any prisoner found guilty of possessing a mobile phone in Model Jail, Burail here will now be punished with a maximum punishment of three years imprisonment.
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has issued a gazette notification dated January 24, under Section 87 of the Punjab Reorganisation Act,
- 24th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Triple murder of woman, 2 children rocks Chandigarh
A woman and her two children were found murdered with a sharp-edged weapon at their residence in Chandigarh’s Manimajra on the intervening night of January 22 and 23.
On the night of murder, the woman’s husband- Sanjay Arora was admitted in Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and
- 23rd January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Top cops of Punjab, Chandigarh, Hry to meet once in three months
In a bid to ensure better coordination on law &amp; order front, the top cops of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh will meet once in every three months.
The Director General of Police (DGPs) of neighboring states of Punjab and Haryana and their joint capital Chandigarh will meet to discuss issues
- 21st January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 19th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 18th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Arun Sood elected as Chandigarh BJP president
Former mayor and senior councillor Arun Sood was on Friday declared as the new President of Chandigarh Bharatiya Janata Party.
Sood, who will serve the party city unit for next three years, was elected unanimously a day after filing his nomination for the top post.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar
- 15th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Heritage items as 'art treasures' in Chandigarh
The heritage items in Chandigarh will get the status of “art treasures”, if the Chandigarh Administration’s proposal to give legal protection to such items turns into a reality.
In a bid to preserve heritage items in the city, the Chandigarh Administration is mulling over notifying them as
- 13th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Rechristening 'Manimajra' triggers row
Chandigarh, which is known as one of the best experiments in urban planning and modern architecture in the twentieth century in India, came into existence in 1966. For more than a half century, Chandigarh, which is divided into various sectors, has lived without “Sector 13”.
- 12th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Newly - elected Chandigarh Mayor meets Governor, raises issues of city
Raj Bala Malik, Ravi Kant Sharma &amp; Jagtar Singh Dhillon (Jagga) newly elected Mayor, Senior Deputy Mayor &amp; Deputy Mayor, Chandigarh made a courtesy call to V. P. Singh Badnore, Governor, Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh on Saturday.
The Administrator discussed various issues
- 10th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- PWDs welfare proposals for Chandigarh'
The State Advisory Board on Disability, Chandigarh on Thursday proposed free travel in CTU buses, skill development training programmes, redressal system for persons with disabilities (PWDs) in Chandigarh.
The proposals came after the recent report of National Sample Survey (NSS) report on
- Chandigarh to launch crackdown on illegal sale of acid
The Chandigarh Administration on Thursday ordered a crackdown on the illegal sale of acid in the city.
The order came just a day ahead of the release of ‘Chhapaak’ movie which is based on the story of acid-attack survivor and activist Laxmi Agarwal.
Chandigarh Deputy Commissioner, Mandip
- 9th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh gets its first underpass
The city’s first underpass connecting Rose Garden in Sector 16 with Sector 17 here was opened on Wednesday evening.
Punjab Governor and UT Administrator VP Singh Badnore inaugurated the underpass, which will allow visitors to travel directly between Rose Garden and Sector 17 without crossing Jan
- 8th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer