- 1st April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 76 NRIs yet to be traced in Chandigarh
Amid concerns that thousands of Non-Resident Indians, who are suspected of having COVID-19 (Coronavirus) remains missing in neighboring Punjab, the Chandigarh Administration has now prepared a list of 76 foreign returnees who came back to the country in March, but are yet to be traced.
- 27th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh creates COVID fund to combat virus
To combat the spread of COVID-19 in the city, the Chandigarh Administration on Thursday created ‘Chandigarh Fights Corona Fund’.
The Administration also decided to approach District Administrations of Mohali and Panchkula for better coordination to restrict unnecessary movement in the city
- 26th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 25th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- No new positive case reported in Chandigarh
No new positive case of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) was reported in Chandigarh on Tuesday.
The number of cases in the city stood at seven while the persons under home quarantine are 450 till the evening.
“The condition of all seven positive cases is stable,” said an official spokesman.
- 24th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 18th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Businessman shot dead in Chandigarh
A person was shot dead by two motorcycle-borne miscreants at Sector 38 (West) here on Monday night.
The victim has been identified as Surjit Singh, a resident of Sector 38 (west) here. Surjit was doing a business of finance in Sector 22 mobile market and also, provided bouncers to various clubs in
- 13th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 6th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- UT to auction heritage items of Chandigarh
The Chandigarh Administration is all set to cash in on city’s heritage items. For, the Chandigarh Heritage Items Protection Cell on Thursday gave in principal approval to conduct auction of heritage items belonging to the city.
During the first meeting of re-constituted Chandigarh Heritage Items
- 29th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 20th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Heritage manholes of Chandigarh to be displayed
The heritage manhole covers of the City Beautiful will be showcased at the upcoming museum in Government Printing Press, Sector 18 here. For, the Chandigarh Administration has directed the Municipal Corporation of Chandigarh to replace the heritage manhole covers with concrete ones at the earliest
- 12th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh push for green mobility in tricity
In order to promote green mobility, as many as 1000 CNG (compressed natural gas) auto rickshaws each from Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana will ply in the tricity area under a reciprocal agreement.
The decision was taken at the meeting of Transport Secretaries of Chandigarh Administration, State
- 11th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- National Security Act for 3 months in Chandigarh
The Chandigarh Administration has issued an order conferring the District Magistrate with the power to detain under the draconian National Security Act (NSA), 1980 for a period of three months, with effect from February 26.
The NSA is a stringent law that allows preventive detention for months, if
- 10th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- In briefs
&nbsp;CM approves construction of Sainik school
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has approved an amount of Rs 2,083.44 lakhs for the construction of the second phase of the building of Sainik School, Rewari. A spokesman said, the first phase of construction of Sainik School, Rewari
- 8th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh Rly Station to be redeveloped
Following the directions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a video conferencing held last month, the Chandigarh Administration on Friday held a meeting with the officers of Haryana Government and Indian Railways on the issue of redevelopment of Chandigarh Railway Station.
- Chandigarh to have Integrated Command and Control Centre
An Integrated Command and Control Centre, which will be a central monitoring system of all services will be developed in the union territory of Chandigarh.
For this, the Chandigarh Administration has allotted worth Rs 295 crore project to Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) on Friday.
The meeting of