- 19th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Key projects approved for Chandigarh
In a bid to provide 24x7 water supply to the city residents, the Chandigarh Administration has submitted the detailed project report (DPR) costing Rs 440 crore to the Department of Economic Affairs, Union Government.
The Board of Directors of CSCL which met under the chairmanship of Manoj Parida,
- 18th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 14th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Steep traffic fines figure in meeting of Chandigarh Advisory Council
The members of UT Administrator&rsquo;s Advisory Council on Friday raised concern over the exorbitant penalty under the Motor Vehicle (Amendment), Act 2019 and urged the Chandigarh Administration to reduce the penalties under the new rules.
The issue was raised during the first meeting of the newly
- 12th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh launches plastic free campaign
The UT Administration and the civic body on Wednesday launched &ldquo;Plastic Free Chandigarh&rdquo; campaign here.
Under the campaign, various activities would be organised across the city to encourage the citizens to completely discard the usage of plastic.
&nbsp;Manoj Kumar Parida, adviser to the UT
- 11th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 7th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh launches Anaemia free campaign
The UT Administration on Friday launched the Mission - Anemia free Chandigarh. For this, a 6x6x6 strategy i.e. 6 beneficiaries, 6 interventions and 6 institutional services will be implemented in the city.
Punjab Governor and UT Administrator VP Singh Badnore launched the mission at the State
- 6th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh to get new tourist attractions
The City Beautiful will get three new attractions namely Rashi Van, Nakshatra Van and Navagraha Van by the end of this year.
For, the UT Department of Forest and Wildlife is developing these three small groves in Nagar Van on the lines of such similar gardens in Daman and Diu and Goa. These three
- 5th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 4th September, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh plans to offer subsidy for solar power in smaller houses
In a bid to promote generation of electricity through solar power, the Chandigarh Administration is mulling offering an additional subsidy of atleast 10 per cent to marla houses to install rooftop solar power plants.
At present, the Government of India is providing upto 40 per cent subsidy for
- 30th August, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 26th August, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Rain lashes Chandigarh
Light-to-moderate rain lashed parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday, keeping the maximum temperature in the region below normal levels.
Chandigarh, the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana received 18.6 mm rainfall. After rains, the city settled at maximum temperature of 28.6 degree
- 25th August, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh
Even as parts of the region is facing flood, light-to-moderate rain lashed Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Saturday, keeping the maximum temperature in the region close to normal.
Ambala received 28.3mm rainfall and Ludhiana 15.4mm, the weather department said. Hisar received 13mm rainfall
- 24th August, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh gets four national award in Poshan Abhiyan
The union territory of Chandigarh has been awarded with four national level awards by the Union Ministry of Women &amp; Child Development for exemplary performance and successful rollout of the POSHAN Abhiyaan.
POSHAN Abhiyaan, the country&rsquo;s flagship programme was launched to reduce stunting,
- 23rd August, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 20th August, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh Admn sends recommendations for NEP
The Chandigarh Administration has pushed for creation of incubation centres in higher educational institutions, paperless examination system, creation of endowment fund, base line assessment of existing educational colleges before introduction of multidisciplinary B.Ed. programme among other