- 25th January, 2020 The Indian Express
- 24th January, 2020 The Indian Express
- Chandigarh court rejects DSP?s anticipatory bail plea
DSP Soni was booked on Sunday on the charges of assault, attempt to murder and shooting at his wife at their residence. The incident happened at a housing society in Sector 68.
- In 2015 graft case, Chandigarh court issues bailable warrants against complainant
The court has held that the Guneet Kaur’s bailable warrant in the sum of Rs 5000 with one surety in the like amount be issued for January 28.
- Chandigarh: Karaoke system to be installed at rarely used pedestrian subway for Rs 7 lakh
The engineering wing has floated a tender to install this system worth Rs 7.70 lakhs at the pedestrian underpass — construction of which is already criticised by many as a colossal waste of money because of it is rarely being used.
- Chandigarh: Big Bazaar penalised again for charging for carry bag, this time fined Rs 5 lakh
In the judgment released on Thursday, the forum have also directed to refund Rs 12 charged wrongly for carry bag from complainant Neha Goel, with Rs 100 as compensation and Rs 1,100 as cost of litigation.
- Chandigarh: Three sentenced to 20 years in prison for raping 16 - year - old girl in 2017
The convicts, Kamal, Suresh and Shankar, have been held guilty under sections 366 (Kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage, etc), 376 D (gang rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Section 6 of the POCSO Act, by the Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge, Poonam R Joshi.
- Chandigarh can be a model startup hub, says VP Singh Badnore
The event was attended by over 175 participants from Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh.
- 23rd January, 2020 The Indian Express
- 22nd January, 2020 The Indian Express