- 17th October, 2017 The Indian Express
- 16th October, 2017 The Indian Express
- Chandigarh jewellers to be 'OK' with even 35 - 40% of last year's sale
Rajiv Sahdev, president, Chandigarh Jewellers Association, said, ?The new revised GST statement by the government has surely reduced the burden on the customers as earlier on the sale of jewellery worth above Rs 50,000, the customer had to submit his ...
- Parking lots full, shops empty in Chandigarh
Sanjeev Chadha, general secretary of the Chandigarh Beopar Mandal, said that the charm which a shopkeeper would have before Diwali is almost lost. ?In fact, there are several items now that are charged under the highest slab of 28 per cent GST because ...
- 15th October, 2017 The Indian Express
- Nek Chand: A jewel in the crowning artistic glory of Chandigarh
?WAY BACK in 2013, the day the Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi honoured 10 artists, who had contributed significantly to the region's art, I was very much elated and felt flattered. I was one of the recipients of the honour. My happiness was not because ...
- 14th October, 2017 The Indian Express
- Flight services between Kullu and Chandigarh take off
FLIGHT SERVICES between Kullu- Chandigarh -Kullu started on Friday with the first flight bringing 12 passengers to the city from Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. The service was started by Air India's regional arm ? Alliance Air. Air India's local Station ...
- Chandigarh golfer Ajeetesh Sandhu registers first victory on Japan tour
LAST DECEMBER, Chandigarh golfer Ajeetesh Sandhu had missed the chance to qualify for the Japan Tour when he narrowly missed out on being among the top 35 golfers in the final qualifying stages of the Japan Golf Tour Q-School in Tochigi, Japan.
- 13th October, 2017 The Indian Express
- 12th October, 2017 The Indian Express
- IAF officers pay homage to martyred Garud commandos in Chandigarh
Air Vice-Marshal SK Jha, AOC adv HQ WAC (Rt) and Air Commodore A Saklani (left) paying homage to two IAF Garud Commandos at a wreath laying ceremony in Chandigarh on Thursday after Garud commandos attained martyrdom in encounter with ...
- Drinking in public: City police stop arresting offenders under Excise Act
CHANDIGARH POLICE has started charging people, caught for drinking in public, under Section 68-1(B) of Punjab Police Act, 2007, and Section 510 of IPC instead of arresting them under various sections of the Excise Act, which were being used for a long ...
- Workers protest Centre's move to shut down Chandigarh press
WORKERS AT the Government of India Text Books Press here in Chandigarh on Wednesday held a protest against the central government decision to shut down the press in the city. ?This decision is not on merit and efficiency. Moreover, it has disturbed the ...
- Chandigarh Health department: Dengue cases in city showing steady decline
Having witnessed a steep rise in dengue cases in Chandigarh in the last two months, the UT health department on Wednesday said that dengue cases is showing a steady decline in city. On Wednesday, as per the health department, 11 fresh cases were ...
- 10th October, 2017 The Indian Express
- Brushing aside objections, UT administration builds air - conditioned fish market in Chandigarh
Before going ahead with the project, MC got a study conducted to explore the feasibility of setting up the fish market in Chandigarh from Assitant Commissioner, Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. ?The air-conditioned fish market ...
- Ahead of Diwali, Chandigarh administration identifies 8 sites for cracker sale
General Secretary of the Chandigarh Crackers' Association, Chirag Aggarwal, said shopkeepers are already suffering low sales of firecrackers and on top of that, the UT administration is imposing such rules. ?Going by the rules, a small shopkeeper will ...