- 21st April, 2021 The Indian Express
- Chandigarh faces a shortage of Tocilizumab
Manufactured by a Switzerland-based company and marketed by Cipla in India, one vial of the drug is priced above Rs 40,000, yet, it is not available in the Chandigarh market for two weeks now.
- 20th April, 2021 The Indian Express
- 19th April, 2021 The Indian Express
- Chandigarh reports all - time high of 625 new cases, 3 deaths
While cases were reported from all sectors, Manimajra reported 53 new cases, Sector 40 had 29 cases, Sectors 37 reported 22 cases, Sector 22 had 19 cases, Sector 41 reported 16 cases, Sector 7, 21, 19 has 14 cases each
- Chandigarh: Consumer commission asks real estate firm to refund Rs 52.74L to army officer for failing to deliver possession of apartment
Major Ashish Saurabh Sharma of Rajasthan stated that he booked a residential apartment in the project of Sushma Buildtech Limited named ‘Sushma Crescent’, at Gazipur village, Zirakpur, Mohali, Punjab, in a total price which was fixed at Rs 55.77 lakh.
- 18th April, 2021 The Indian Express
- Six held for illegally dealing in Remdesvir injections
At least 3,000 Remdesivir injections were seized from the pharmaceutical company, Health Biotech Limited, in Baddi.
- 45 - year - old man riding scooter killed after getting hit by truck in Chandigarh
The victim was identified as Vijender Kumar, a resident of Bapu Dham Colony in Sector 26. Police said that victim was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident and had received severe head injuries.
- Chandigarh wears deserted look, but Grain Market - 26 remains a concern
The city recorded less movement of motor vehicles as compared to a normal day.
- 2 deaths, 410 new cases in Chandigarh
As per data, 27,886 out of every 10 lakh people in Chandigarh have tested positive for the virus. The case fatality ratio is 1.2 per cent. For every 10 lakh people in Chandigarh, at least 3,01,815 samples have been tested.
- Chandigarh: Viral video lands former boxer who drove auto a coaching job
The video of 60-year-old Abid Khan, who is a diploma holder in coaching from the National Institute of Sports (NIS), Patiala, has been shared by the likes of Beijing Olympics bronze medallist Vijender Singh, 2010 CWG champion Manoj Kumar and Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar and the former Chandigarh champion boxer finds this recognition as a motivational force to start coaching.
- 17th April, 2021 The Indian Express
- 16th April, 2021 The Indian Express
- Had appeared for Punjab in Kotkapura SIT probe case: After ?costly? tag, Delhi advocate loses `3.1 cr in legal fee
Four days before the HC ordered quashing of investigations by SIT into Behbal Kalan and Kotkapura firing incidents, the Punjab government had ordered slashing of Advocate Harin P Raval’s fee by 1.5 times, after Punjab’s Home Secretary Anurag Agarwal raised the objections over “high” amount charged by him.
- Three deaths, 412 new infections reported in Chandigarh
Three Covid-related deaths were also reported during the day, increasing the toll to 407.
- Burail Jail to set up inhouse radio station, inmates to be RJs
The aim is to bring positivity in the minds of the inmates in the jail barracks, said the AIG.
- Vaccine stock to last 8 days in Chandigarh, 50% dedicated Covid beds occupied
The UT Administration said, a total of 42,834 people of above 60 years have been administered the first dose, while 4,321 have taken the second dose.