- 9th October, 2017 The Hindu
During the festive season, the traffic police in Chandigarh have decided to declare some busy markets car-free zones to manage chaos. Sources said the decision has been taken as some markets, including sectors 15, 19 and 22, are badly choked with ...
- 25th September, 2017 The Hindu
Calling it a security exercise, some city schools in Chandigarh have passed a new order asking parents to accompany their wards in school buses on a rotational basis. Recently, the administration has tightened its noose around school managements over ...
- 22nd September, 2017 The Hindu
- 20th September, 2017 The Hindu
- Chandigarh minor rape case: Another uncle of victim arrested
Days after reports emerged that the DNA of the new-born baby girl of the 10 year-old rape victim didn't match with the accused, the victim's uncle, Chandigarh police has made another arrest in the rape case. The police has arrested another uncle of the ...
- 19th September, 2017 The Hindu
- 12th September, 2017 The Hindu
- Further probe needed in Chandigarh child rape case, say police
A day when a report emerged that the DNA of the baby girl, delivered last month by the 10-year-old rape victim here, didn't match with the accused ? who is an uncle of the victim ? the Chandigarh Police has said that matter was part of investigation ...
- 23rd August, 2017 The Hindu
- 16th August, 2017 The Hindu
- 14th August, 2017 The Hindu
- 12th August, 2017 The Hindu
- A tale of three cities
A very close friend, and an integral part of the theatre group, hails from Chandigarh . Of late I have discovered that a few more friends are from there. And in all the conversations about the layout, the food, the people, the music, there has always ...
- 11th August, 2017 The Hindu
- Chandigarh to march for women's rights to public spaces
In the backdrop of the recent 'stalking episode' in Chandigarh , the city is preparing for the 'Bekhauf Aazaadi' march on Friday night to provide a platform for asserting women's rights to public spaces. The organisers of the march, led by poet and ...
- 10th August, 2017 The Hindu
- Chandigarh stalking: CCTV footage missing
Commenting on the dropping of IPC section 365 (kidnapping) and 511 (attempt to commit offences punishable with imprisonment) by the Chandigarh police, she said the police had been helpful and she could not comment on the sections invoked.
- Haryana BJP chief's son Vikas Barala, friend arrested again in Chandigarh stalking case
Vikas Barala, son of Haryana BJP chief Subhash Barala, and his friend, Ashish Kumar, on Wednesday were arrested again after the Chandigarh police added Sections 365 and 511 of the IPC in the FIR registered already against them for allegedly stalking ...
- Chandigarh stalking opens Capital's old wounds
The Chandigarh stalking incident involving the son of a BJP leader has triggered national outcry over an offence that Delhi is notorious for, so much so that even Union Minister Smriti Irani's car was chased down in Moti Bagh earlier this year ...
- 9th August, 2017 The Hindu