- 13th January, 2018 The Hindu
- Chandigarh stalking case: Vikas Barala granted bail
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Thursday granted bail to Vikas Barala, son of Haryana BJP chief Subhash Barala, for alleged abduction, wrongfully restraining and stalking of a 29-year-old woman in Chandigarh in August last year. Justice Lisa Gill ...
- 27th November, 2017 The Hindu
A three-day Chandigarh Carnival, organised by the UT Department of Tourism, kicked off at Leisure Valley, Sector-10, on Friday with the theme, Indradhanush (Colour your life like a rainbow). The event was inaugurated by MP Kirron Kher in the presence ...
- 26th November, 2017 The Hindu
- 13th November, 2017 The Hindu
- Chandigarh stalking case: Vikas Barala's bail plea rejected for the fourth time
A Chandigarh court on Monday rejected the bail plea of Vikas Barala, who was booked on the charges of stalking and attempting to abduct a 29-year-old woman. Vikas is the son of Haryana BJP chief Subhash Barala. It was the fourth time that the bail plea ...
Air quality in Chandigarh was at its poorest ever on Wednesday, with one of the UT's air monitoring stations showing a level of severe category, according to the latest data compiled by the Chandigarh Pollution Control Committee (CPCC) on Thursday.
- 5th November, 2017 The Hindu
- 1st November, 2017 The Hindu
- 9th October, 2017 The Hindu
During the festive season, the traffic police in Chandigarh have decided to declare some busy markets car-free zones to manage chaos. Sources said the decision has been taken as some markets, including sectors 15, 19 and 22, are badly choked with ...
- 25th September, 2017 The Hindu
Calling it a security exercise, some city schools in Chandigarh have passed a new order asking parents to accompany their wards in school buses on a rotational basis. Recently, the administration has tightened its noose around school managements over ...
- 22nd September, 2017 The Hindu
- 20th September, 2017 The Hindu
- Chandigarh minor rape case: Another uncle of victim arrested
Days after reports emerged that the DNA of the new-born baby girl of the 10 year-old rape victim didn't match with the accused, the victim's uncle, Chandigarh police has made another arrest in the rape case. The police has arrested another uncle of the ...
- 19th September, 2017 The Hindu
- 12th September, 2017 The Hindu
- Further probe needed in Chandigarh child rape case, say police
A day when a report emerged that the DNA of the baby girl, delivered last month by the 10-year-old rape victim here, didn't match with the accused ? who is an uncle of the victim ? the Chandigarh Police has said that matter was part of investigation ...
- 23rd August, 2017 The Hindu
- 16th August, 2017 The Hindu