- 20th August, 2018 Hindustan Times
- At 3%, monsoon in Chandigarh becomes surplus for first time this year
With 615.1mm rain recorded in Chandigarh during the monsoon so far, the deficit for the first time turned into a surplus in Chandigarh this year. Till August 18, the city has recorded 3% monsoon surplus this season. The normal rainfall is calculated by ...
- Heavy rain lash Chandigarh and surrounding areas
Heavy rain lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas on Monday, after which the mercury dropped by a few notches. A sharp spell of rain brought down the mercury providing relief to the people from sultry weather conditions. Chandigarh's adjoining ...
- Chandigarh cops fail to make headway in Elante mall carjacking
Nine days after carjackers took away a woman's sedan outside Elante Mall in Chandigarh on August 10, police have yet to find any clue about the accused. To crack the case, investigating officials were relying on the footage from CCTV cameras near the ...
- 19th August, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 18th August, 2018 Hindustan Times
- Chandigarh's Vivek High School not a Sikh minority institute: High court
In an important judgment, the Punjab and Haryana high court has ruled that Vivek High School, Sector 38, in Chandigarh is not a Sikh minority institute. In February 2018, the high court (HC) had stayed Sikh minority institution status to St Kabir ...
- Laptops, 26 cloned ATM cards seized from Romanians arrested in Chandigarh
The crime branch of Chandigarh police have recovered two laptops and 26 cloned ATM cards among the hi-tech devices used allegedly by the three Romanians arrested so far in relation with the card-cloning fraud in which many residents of the city have ...
- At 87mm, this year's highest rain in Chandigarh tricity leaves Zirakpur flooded
With 87mm rain recorded between 8:30am and 5:30pm at the Chandigarh airport observatory, normal life was disrupted in eastern fringes of the tricity, including Zirakpur, Dhakoli and parts of Panchkula, on Friday. This was the highest rainfall in the ...
- 17th August, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 16th August, 2018 Hindustan Times
- Chandigarh slips to 55 among cleanest railway stations
Despite ambitious plans to develop Chandigarh Railway Station as a world-class station on a Rs 140 crore budget, the station has slipped from rank 6 in 2016 to a dismal 55 in 2018, a report on Station Cleanliness by Quality Council of India (QCI) has said.
- 139 officials occupying government houses illegally in Chandigarh
As many as 139 officials are occupying government houses without authorisation, a report by the Chandigarh administration has revealed. Among those on the list are serving and retired officials from Punjab and Haryana governments, Punjab and Haryana ...
- 15th August, 2018 Hindustan Times
- 14th August, 2018 Hindustan Times