- 23rd July, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 1 death, 29 fresh cases reported in Chandigarh
One more city resident succumbed to COVID-19 on Wednesday while 29 fresh cases were reported in Chandigarh. The total positive case in the city now stands at 780 while the total toll reached 13. “A 61 years old female resident of Vikas nagar, Mauli Jagran died at Alchemist Hospital, Sector 21
- 14th July, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh Police personnel & all vendors to be screened
With COVID-19 positive cases witnessing surge in the city, the Chandigarh Administration on Monday announced a series of preventive measures including holding a special screening of all UT police personnel working in the field as well as the vendors across the city.&nbsp;
Apart from this, joint
- 27th May, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 5th May, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Major Anuj Sood's mortal remains reach Chandigarh
The mortal remains of Major Anuj Sood, who was killed in an encounter with terrorists in Kashmir, arrived on Monday at the Air Force station here where floral tributes were paid to the martyr. The mortal remains of the Army officer who was from the Brigade of the Guards regiment, part of the 21
- 1st May, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 29th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- In highest single - day spike, Chandigarh reports 11 new cases
The Union Territory of Chandigarh on Tuesday recorded its biggest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases, with 11 fresh cases reported from affected pockets of Bapu Dham colony and Sector 30-B in the city.
With this, the doubling rate of Covid-19 cases in the city has dropped to 6.64 days on Tuesday,
- 24th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 6 - month - old loses battle to Covid - 19 in Chandigarh
A six-month old baby, with congenital heart disease lost the battle of life due to coronavirus in the city on Thursday.
The baby girl named Ritika, from Phagwara Punjab was admitted in PGIMER on April 9 with congenital malformations and had to undergo a surgery. The cause of death is reported to
- Timings of curfew relaxation changed in Chandigarh
The Chandigarh Administration on Thursday issued order altering the timings for curfew relaxations in the city.
“The curfew relaxations will now be given between 10 am to 2 pm daily instead of 11 am to 3 pm, in view of summer season,” stated the order issued by the UT District Magistrate
- 18th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 13th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Two more positive cases reported in Chandigarh
Two more fresh cases of Covid-19 have been reported in Chandigarh on Sunday, taking the total number of positive cases to 21.
The two positive cases are 55 years old woman (mother-in-law) and 8 years old girl (daughter), both relatives of 40 years old male resident of Sector 37, who was tested
- 11th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Jawaharpur village near Chandigarh a hotspot in State
With 22 confirmed COVID-19 cases, Jawaharpur village of Dera Bassi in&nbsp; Mohali district has become a new coronavirus hotspot in the state.
Overall, Mohali district has topped the COVID-19 tally in Punjab with 37 cases."One more positive case in Jawaharpur," Mohali Deputy Commissioner Girish
- 7th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- No new +ve case in Chandigarh in last four days
No fresh positive case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been reported in the city in the past four days. The total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the city stood at 18.
Out of 18 patients, five have already recovered. So far, 1413 city residents have been put under home quarantine while 802 have
- 6th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 2 more COVID - 19 patients cured in Chandigarh
Two more COVID-19 patients from the city have recovered and discharged from the hospital on Sunday.With this, the total number of recovered patients stood at 5 while the active cases in the city are 13 now.
Till the filing of this report, result of 10 samples was awaited.“Two more COVID-19
- 4th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 1,300 put under home quarantine in Chandigarh
Amid the outbreak of COVID-19 in the country, more than 1,300 residents of Chandigarh have been put under home quarantine till Friday evening. The first positive case of COVID-19 was recorded on March 19 in the city. The number of positive COVID-19 case stood at 18 in the city till Friday evening
- 3rd April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Youngest corona case in Chandigarh
In what would be Chandigarh’s youngest COVID-19 positive case so far, a 10-month old girl has been tested positive for the deadly disease.
The baby girl and her 59-year old grandmother were tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday.The infant is the daughter of NRI couple who had come from Canada