- 16th July, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Jal Shakti Abhiyan launched in Chandigarh
Jal Shakti Abhiyan, a flagship scheme of Government of India to conserve water, has been launched in Chandigarh and as a part of the scheme,&nbsp; Eco-club Day was celebrated in 114 Govt and private schools on Monday.
The theme of the celebration was water conservation and tree plantation as more
- 12th July, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Rains lash Chandigarh and other regions
Rains lashed some parts of Punjab and Haryana, including joint capital Chandigarh, on Thursday bringing down day temperature, a meteorological department official said.
The maximum temperature in Chandigarh dropped a few notches below normal and settled close to 32 degrees Celsius after the heavy
- 4th July, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 23rd June, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 23rd May, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh ready for counting, all preparations made
The political parties and the Chandigarh Election Department have geared up for the Lok Sabha poll results to be announced on Thursday.
Among the total 36 candidates in the fray for Chandigarh&rsquo;s lone parliamentary seat, the prominent contenders included the Bharatiya Janta Party&rsquo;s candidate
- 20th May, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 64% turnout registered in Chandigarh
About 64 per cent voter turnout was registered in Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat where polling remained peaceful on Sunday.
In 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Chandigarh had witnessed poll percentage of 73.71.
&ldquo;The voting began sluggishly in Chandigarh on Sunday morning but picked up as the day wore on,
- 17th May, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- NO ROLE IN SIDHU'S WIFE'S TICKET DENIAL FROM CHANDIGARH: CAPT
Denying any role in the denial of ticket to Navjot Singh Sidhu&rsquo;s wife from Chandigarh, Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Thursday said she had been offered ticket from Amritsar and Bathinda, but she refused the same.
Ticket allocation was done by the Congress high command in Delhi,
- 14 crorepati candidates in Chandigarh
As many as 14 crorepati candidates out of total 36 are contesting on Chandigarh&rsquo;s lone Lok Sabha seat. Among them, three candidates are facing criminal cases.
As per the data analysis by the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR)-National Election Watch, 39 percent candidates i.e. 14 out of
- 8th May, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Custodial death in Kotkhai rape case: SC transfers case from Shimla to Chandigarh'
The Supreme Court on Tuesday transferred a case related to alleged custodial death of an accused in gang-rape and murder of a minor school girl in Himachal Pradesh&rsquo;s Kotkhai in 2017, from Shimla to Chandigarh.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi transferred the case to Chandigarh after
- SC transfers case from Shimla to Chandigarh
The Supreme Court Tuesday transferred a case related to alleged custodial death of an accused in gang-rape and murder of a minor school girl in Himachal Pradesh's Kotkhai in 2017, from Shimla to Chandigarh.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi transferred the case to Chandigarh after the
- 3rd May, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Gadkari promises sky bus for Chandigarh
Union Minister for Road Transport &amp; Highway, Water Resources and River Development, Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said Chandigarh will soon witness transport revolution with the introduction of double decker and sky bus to facilitate the daily commuters here.
&ldquo;This will not only reduce the
- 29th April, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 23rd April, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 17th April, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Police Pipe Band from Canada performs in Chandigarh
A 24-member Pipe Band of Vancouver Police celebrated Indo-Canadian relationship by playing signature Canadian melodies, tune of the patriotic song Sare jahaan se achchaa here at Elante mall on Tuesday.
Consul General of Canada, Mia Yen, and Vancouver Police Board member Barjinder S Dhahan, a
- 9th April, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- BJP yet to announce Chandigarh candidate
Even as the Bharatiya Janata Party is pulling out all the stops to repeat its 2014 poll success in Chandigarh, there is a strong sense of déjà vu for Chandigarh BJP facing the same dilemma as in 2014 over projecting its face here.
The BJP remains in a fix over deciding its candidate for