- 14th December, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 13th December, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- In Brief
Capacity of Palwal Sugar Mill to be increased
Chandigarh: Haryana Cooperation Minister Banwari Lal said, the capacity of Cooperative Sugar Mill, Palwal will be increased in two phases. Its capacity has already been increased from 1600 to 1900 TCD and in the next phase, it will be increased from
- In Brief
Minister to preside over grievances meet
Chandigarh: Haryana Cooperation, Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Welfare Minister Banwari Lal will preside over the monthly meeting of the District Public Relations and Grievances Committee at Palwal on December 20. A spokesman said, the monthly
- Chandigarh has highest prevalence of over nutrition, anemia in women
Among the union territories in the country, Chandigarh has the highest prevalence of overnutrition in women. At the same time, the city has high prevalence of anaemia among women.
&ldquo;The prevalence of anaemia is higher among children and women in the union territory of Chandigarh,&rdquo; stated the
- 10th December, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- No Tableau from Chandigarh in R - day parade at Rajpath
Chandigarh&rsquo;s tableau will be missing from the Republic Day parade at Rajpath in New Delhi for the fourth consecutive year. For, the Chandigarh Administration has failed to make it to the final selection round.
The Administration had this time proposed themes including Gardens of Chandigarh,
- 7th December, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- In Brief
Amazon Inks MoU with Punjab govt
Chandigarh: Amazon India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Punjab Small Industries &amp;&nbsp; Export Corporation Limited, Government of Punjab to conduct workshops to&nbsp; enable MSME exporters to export their products and reach out to customers
- 6th December, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Traffic penalty reduced in Chandigarh
Giving major relief to the city denizens, the Chandigarh Administration has decided to impose minimum penalty for various traffic offences under the Motor Vehicle Act, 2019. The Administration had earlier imposed maximum penalty under MVA 2019, which came into effect from September 1.
- 3rd December, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Soon, Chandigarh will have its missing 'Sector 13'
Chandigarh will soon have &ldquo;Sector 13&rdquo;, a sector which never existed since its formation on November 1, 1966. For, the Chandigarh Administration has chalked out a proposal for renaming of eight areas, which are not covered under the sectoral grid here.
As per the proposal, Manimajra would be
- 28th November, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh is the most unfriendly city for PWDs: NSS
Chandigarh is the most inhospitable city in the country, for the persons with disabilities (PWDs).
&ldquo;As many as 85.7 percent people with disabilities, who used public transport in the city faced difficulties. The percentage is highest in the country,&rdquo; revealed the National Sample Survey (NSS)
- 23rd November, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh Police claims to solve blind murder case'
Chandigarh Police on Friday claimed to have achieved a major success in cracking a blind murder case with the arrest of the accused within 5-6 hours.
The deceased is identified as Bangala, a city resident while the accused is identified as Vipin Singh, also a resident here.
Giving details, a
- 22nd November, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 56,171 challans issued in Chandigarh under new traffic rules
As many as 56,171 challans have been issued in the union territory of Chandigarh after the implementation of Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act 2019, which came into effect from September 1 onwards.
This was stated by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in a reply to a question tabled in
- 21st November, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 18th November, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- 11th Chandigarh National Crafts Mela receives warm response
The 11th Chandigarh National Crafts Mela at Kalagram is receiving a tremendous response from the tricity.
As the Mela entered its third day, shopoholics had an indulging time buying crafts and textiles on Sunday. This year, the North Zone Cultural Center has set-up 200 stalls in the Mela.
- 16th November, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- National Crafts Mela begins in Chandigarh
The 11th Chandigarh National Crafts Mela kick started on Friday at Kalagram here.
Comprehending to the theme 'West to East', artisans from Gujarat to Nagaland and also from Kashmir to Telangana and Tamil Nadu, has put up 200 stalls, to sell handicrafts, handlooms, fabrics, home decor items and
- 13th November, 2019 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh air quality turns 'poor' again
With the farmers continuing burning stubble in the neighboring states of Punjab and Haryana, the air quality index in the joint capital of two states-Chandigarh- has turned &lsquo;poor&rsquo; again.
While rainfall for two consecutive days from November 7 had led to improvement in the air quality, it has