- 28th April, 2020 DNA India
- Chandigarh mall?s store owners bear brunt of coronavirus lockdown
Chandigarh mall’s store owners bear brunt of coronavirus lockdown - Due to coronavirus lockdown in the country, lives have come to a standstill. Malls, theatres and pubs are shut since over a month. Retailers and shop owners continue to bear the brunt. They are not just facing loss but struggling to pay salaries. “There is 100% loss in the business due to the lockdown, can’t pay the rent to workers,” said a store owner. While standalone shops have been given permission to open, no relief has been given to shops in shopping complexes. Uncertainty looms over decision on opening malls due to extant COVID-19 situation.
- Coronavirus in India LIVE updates: Nine new COVID - 19 cases reported in Chandigarh; three doctors infected
Coronavirus in India LIVE updates: Nine new COVID - 19 cases reported in Chandigarh; three doctors infected
- 22nd April, 2020 DNA India
- COVID - 19 lockdown: CRPF distributes food among needy in Chandigarh
COVID-19 lockdown: CRPF distributes food among needy in Chandigarh - Troops of 51st Battalion of Central Reserve Police Force prepared food to distribute among the needy amid coronavirus lockdown. They distributed around 200 cooked food packets to labourers and migrants, residing in different areas in Chandigarh. The distribution of food was done in coordination with Chandigarh administration and police.
- 23rd February, 2020 DNA India
- Born for less than 70 hours, infant becomes youngest donor in Chandigarh's PGIMER
Born for less than 70 hours, infant becomes youngest donor in Chandigarh’s PGIMER - A new born in Chandigarh became probably the youngest organ donor. The infant who lived for less than 70 hours, became the youngest ever organ donor in PGIMER’s transplant history. The child has defects which made hi incompatible with life. After learning about the child’s condition, parents decided to donate organ. The head of Department Renal Transplant Surgery, Prof Ashish Sharma said, “I salute the family who thought about the situation. Even after so much tragedy they considered benefitting others.”
- 12th February, 2020 DNA India
- 18th September, 2019 DNA India
- 11th September, 2019 DNA India
- 12th August, 2019 DNA India
- 30th July, 2019 DNA India
- 27th July, 2019 DNA India
- 24th July, 2019 DNA India
- 16th July, 2019 DNA India
- 19th June, 2019 DNA India
- 13th June, 2019 DNA India
- Woman turns saviour for malnourished stray dogs in Chandigarh
Woman turns saviour for malnourished stray dogs in Chandigarh - Being a resident of Chandigarh, Simran has turned her love for dogs into her passion to do something for the feeble and undernourished stray dogs. She is making a big impact on the society by her charity to the needy street dogs. She makes it a point to feed all the dogs in her locality the moment she wakes up. Simran is of the viewpoint that if people start joining her for this noble task it would be of great help and maybe it would help her in establishing NGO for such dogs. An angel in disguise, Simran takes care of around 40 stray dogs. She has made it a habit to visit a few of them with her daughter at an Artificial Lake located in Sector 42, Chandigarh and feed a group of stray dogs with pedigree and milk filled with â€˜daliaâ€™ and bread. Simranâ€™s love for dog increased when in October 2018 she came across a dog in bad shape at Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA). Simran seeks help from the locals of her city to help the malnourished dogs.