- 22nd January, 2014
- Punjab cuts property tax, VAT on iron & steel - Chandigarh Tribune
The Punjab cabinet today approved various sops for the urban voter. These include slashing the Value Added Tax on iron and steel goods and tobacco products, an insurance scheme for traders; and reducing property tax on residential properties.
- Apex court grants life to 15 death row convicts - Chandigarh Tribune
The Supreme Court on Tuesday commuted to life term the death sentence of 15 convicts, mostly citing delays in the disposal of their mercy petitions, and laid down 12 guidelines for protecting the Fundamental Rights of prisoners on death row. Among the ...
- REGIONAL BRIEFS - Chandigarh Tribune
ALS sets up local centre: IAS coaching faculty Alternate Learning System (ALS) has tied up with ETEN IAS to set up its centre in Chandigarh for coaching aspirants of civil services. ETEN is a part of the Pearson group and has been providing coaching ...
- 21st January, 2014
- UT cops arrest 2 for rape, murder of 10 - year - old - Indian Express
More than a month after the body of a 10-year-old girl, a resident of Palsora village, was found in a plastic bag, the Chandigarh Police claims to have solved the case with the arrest of two youths. The accused ? both drug addicts as claimed by the ...
- Lalit hotel in Chandigarh - Hindu Business Line
The Lalit Suri Hospitality Group inaugurated its 179-room property in Chandigarh earlier this month. Called The Lalit Chandigarh , the five-star hotel came up at an investment of Rs 400 crore. This is the group's 12th property. Inspired by the famous ...
- Sampark Kranti extended to Chandigarh - The Hindu
The regular services of train nos. 22685/22686 Yeshwantpur-Chandigarh-Yeshwantpur Sampark Kranti Bi-weekly Express will commence on January 22 from Yeshwantpur and January 25 from Chandigarh.
- Kejriwal begins dharna outside Rail Bhavan - Chandigarh Tribune
NEW DELHI: In an unprecedented face-off with the Centre, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today began a dharna in front of Rail Bhavan, calling himself an "anarchist" and asking "honest" police officials to take leave and join his protest demanding ...
- Thousands converge at Sikh shrine for Hola Mohalla - New Kerala News
Chandigarh, March 27 : It was a virtual sea of humanity at the Hola Mohalla celebrations Wednesday at the Sikh shrine of Keshgarh Sahib in the Sikh holy town of Anandpur Sahib.
- TCS, Wipro lift Sensex up 141 pts; RIL down 1.70% - Chandigarh Tribune
Snapping the two-day losing streak, the BSE benchmark Sensex today gained over 141 points to settle the day at 21,205.05 on buying support in IT stocks after Wipro announced encouraging third quarter earnings. Country's largest software services ...
- 20th January, 2014
- Chandigarh: Husband throws acid on wife, sister - in - law - IBNLive
The sisters were on their way to a temple when accused Ashok Kumar (38), who is a drunkard, threw acid on her wife Pooja (32) and her sister Rekha (38), Yamunanagar SP Sivas Kaviraj told over phone in Chandigarh . Pooja received injuries on her face ...
- Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana - PTI News
Chandigarh, Jan 20 (PTI) A thick blanket of fog today enveloped most parts of Punjab and Haryana, disrupting normal life with cold conditions prevailing in both the states.
- Rains lash Punjab, Haryana - PTI News
Chandigarh, Jan 18 (PTI) Light to moderate rains today lashed various parts of Punjab and Haryana with bone chilling conditions disrupting normal life in the two states.
- 19th January, 2014
- 22 Pak soldiers killed in attack on Army convoy - Chandigarh Tribune
Chandigarh : Cold conditions, which had abated in past few days, were renewed today in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh with mercury plummeting by up to two degrees after overnight rain. Some parts of Punjab and Haryana were drenched by ...
- 45.7 mm rain plunges mercury in Chandigarh - Times of India
CHANDIGARH : The city received 45.7 mm rain since Friday night, enough to drop the maximum temperature to 14 degrees celsius on Saturday from 17.3 degrees celsius. It was the lowest maximum temperature in the month of January till now. On the other ...
- Congress divides on religious lines: BJP - Chandigarh Tribune
The BJP on Saturday accused the Congress-led UPA of dividing the country on religious lines and ruining its economy. Addressing the party's National Council, senior party leaders held Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi ...