- 27th April, 2017 Hindustan Times
- 26th April, 2017 Hindustan Times
- Canine horror: Chandigarh dog - bite victims allege admn's failure to provide treatment
?I have not been able to sleep since that night. I am afraid of being attacked by a dog again. I have changed my sleeping place from the pavement to a nearby park, but it did not help,? Gupta said.(HT File ). From the last two nights, Birender Gupta ...
- Chandigarh Press Club goes dry, again
The Chandigarh Press Club, one of the most prominent watering holes of the city, went dry from Tuesday night, nearly a fortnight after it was allowed to sell and serve liquor. Club president Jaswant Rana said the excise officers came to the club around ...
- 25th April, 2017 Hindustan Times
- Chandigarh: Two - year - old dies of swine flu in PGI
The patient was brought to GMCH on April 19 and he was found to be H1N1 positive. He died late Thursday night. Last month, a SAS Nagar resident was tested positive for swine flu in the district. In Chandigarh , cases of chikungunya and dengue have been ...
- Chandigarh likely to get first woman SSP
Chandigarh is likely to get its first woman senior superintendent of police (SSP) after UT administrator VP Badnore recommended to the Union home ministry the name of Punjab-cadre IPS officerJagdale Nilambari Vijay for the post. A 2008-batch officer, ...
- 24th April, 2017 Hindustan Times
- 23rd April, 2017 Hindustan Times
- 22nd April, 2017 Hindustan Times
- Respite in sight: Clouded with dust, Chandigarh to get light rain on weekend
Terming the freak weather the fallout of a western disturbance, Surender Paul, the director of the Indian Meteorological Department's Chandigarh centre, said: ?There will be light rain across the region on Saturday and Sunday.?(Ravi Kumar/HT).
- Trying to help Facebook friend, Chandigarh man duped of Rs 10.7 lakh
Singh in October 2016 registered complaint at the cyber cell, Chandigarh , that conducted a preliminary inquiry and on Friday a case registered under Section 420 (cheating) and 120 B (criminal conspiracy) at Sector-17 police station. During the ...
- Start winding up Panchkula MC, high court to Haryana; Chandigarh MC faces flak too
The Chandigarh MC also drew flak. While seeking its response on measures being taken to handle civic issues, the court said problems such as dysfunctional streets-light, overlapping of trees on street lights were frequently reported from Chandigarh as ...
- Lawyers strike work in courts of Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh
The lawyers of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh courts boycotted work on Friday afternoon in response to the nationwide protest call given by Bar Council of India against the proposed amendments in the Advocates Act 1961. Bar Council of Punjab and ...
- 21st April, 2017 Hindustan Times
- Harjit Sajjan inaugurates new Canadian consulate office in Chandigarh
Canadian defence minister Harjit Singh Sajjan opened the new Consulate General of Canada in Chandigarh on Friday morning. The office is in the Elante Office Complex which also houses the British Council. Earlier, the consulate office was in Sector 17.
- Leprosy back in Chandigarh, officers blame it on migrants
Leprosy, which had been eliminated in Chandigarh years ago, is back with 128 new cases coming to the fore from April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017, in the UT. The union territory is getting a fresh case of leprosy every third day, says district leprosy ...