- 28th March, 2017 Hindustan Times
- Mayor 'trespass' row: Chandigarh police file case cancellation report
The Chandigarh Police have filed a cancellation report in a local court in the case involving alleged trespass by city mayor Asha Jaswal at Snehalaya, a home for the destitute in Maloya, in the first week of February. After the police submitted an ...
- Chandigarh records hottest March day in 7 years
This year is likely to be hotter than 2016,? said Surender Paul, director, meteorological department, Chandigarh . However, there will be some respite from the scorching heat in the first week of April. ?The temperature is likely to dip by a few notches ...
- Liquor prices down in Chandigarh, Bacchus lovers throng vends
In Sector 44-D, Chandigarh , a number of youngsters were spotted drinking in the parking area. ?It was like a party here,? said Ragunandan Singh of Sector 44. A liquor vend owner said due to the Supreme Court judgment banning liquor sale on state and ...
- 27th March, 2017 Hindustan Times
- 26th March, 2017 Hindustan Times
- 24th March, 2017 Hindustan Times
- Opposition MPs: Name Chandigarh airport after Bhagat Singh
Rajya Sabha on Thursday witnessed uproar over the naming of Chandigarh airport, as the Opposition alleged that the BJP government in Haryana does not want to name it after Shaheed-e-Azam Bhagat Singh. During the zero hour, Ritabrata Banerjee (CPM) ...
- 23rd March, 2017 Hindustan Times
- In Chandigarh, Brett Lee motivates the hearing impaired
Cricketer Brett Lee addressing the media at JW Marriot Hotel in Chandigarh on Wednesday.(Karun Sharma/HT Photo). Watching his son struggle with partial hearing loss for months motivated former Australian cricketer Brett Lee to become an ambassador for ...
- Chandigarh: Foreign visits and meets fail to move smart city project
While Chandigarh was supposed to get Rs 200 crore central grant in the first year, it received only Rs 71 crore. In the first year, the SPV was to spend Rs 400 crore, of which Rs 200 was to come from the Centre while the rest was to be contributed by ...
- 22nd March, 2017 Hindustan Times
- 21st March, 2017 Hindustan Times
- 20th March, 2017 Hindustan Times